PDA

View Full Version : discus growth?

Mello
11-29-2008, 06:18 PM
I notice my discus all of them eat like pigs but my snakeskin gets his belly round and big not like the others. Just wondering if his going to grow faster than the others? I have different strains and im wondering whether a certain strain of discus grow faster than the other or are they all the same?

brewmaster15
11-29-2008, 08:07 PM
Genetics does play a role in Growth...Some Discus Strains are slow growers others are faster...but its more than that.. even in a group of the same strain, same spawn.....you'll have some that grow like weeds...others will be slower...some will not grow much at all.... so its really not a black and white picture... :)

hth,
al

CraigG
11-29-2008, 08:52 PM
As AL said there are alot of factors that play.

I have 2 fish I bought at the same time. A Red Turquoise and a Red Peral. When I bought them the Red Turquoise was the smallest in the tank now he's probably the 4th largest out of all the 8 Discus I have.

Just like people they have spurts every now and then. I woke up one morning and was like what..the... when did you get so large.

deanne
11-30-2008, 02:26 AM
Just wondering... if a discus has been the same size for a long time, will it ever start growing again?