PDA

View Full Version : Hey Aussies!! Heres something for You!!

brewmaster15
11-29-2008, 07:30 PM
Dear Australian Members,

As our recent Hobbyist Challenger contest is over, Rod Lewis has generously offered the control fish he raised back to SimplyDiscus. He would like to donate them to the Forum... There is a group of 5 adults... We would like to start an auction of sorts here... The beginning Price is $300 for all 5 fish.... The Winning bidder is responsible for the shipping costs.....Rod can ship*** Limited by Australian air express destinations*** so Check with him first to be sure he can get you the fish.

Thanks so much for the Generous Offer Rod!! Its much appreciated!!:)

This offer is only for our Australian members...sorry everyone else!!

Heres some Photos....

http://www.forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?t=61589

http://www.forum.simplydiscus.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=38466&d=1225193854

http://www.forum.simplydiscus.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=38464&d=1225193476

http://www.forum.simplydiscus.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=38465&d=1225193476

Also we have to really Thank Darren for sending out our Australian fish in the first place... Both Rod and Darren are Top Notch people in my Book...so Thanks guys!!!

-al

brewmaster15
11-29-2008, 07:32 PM
If interested please post your Bid right here in the thread... Thanks all and Good luck!!

-al

Kenny's Discus
11-29-2008, 07:47 PM
Thanks Rod and Darren for your generosity! You both are top-notch people and those are awesome looking fish! :thumbsup: Someone grab them while they last...;)

Kenny

Darren's Discus
11-29-2008, 08:52 PM
Rod,
you did an excellent job with them,they look so great i want them back ! I'll kick off with $350.

cheers

brewmaster15
11-29-2008, 09:01 PM
Rod,
you did an excellent job with them,they look so great i want them back ! I'll kick off with $350.

cheers
LoL Darren...You're too much!! :D I'm afraid Poor Rods going to get inundated with calls now from people wanting him to raise their fry and ship them back to them all growned up!!!:) I know how you feel though ...... and Rod did do an awesome job with them! :)

-al

Darren's Discus
11-29-2008, 09:20 PM
Al,
when i moved house earlier this year i had to sell alot of my fish as i only have half the tanks now.I did get rid of their parents and all siblings and now looking at them after Rods great care im thinking it was a mistake selling the pair !

kirkp
11-29-2008, 09:27 PM
Beautiful fish. Makes me wish I could bid on them. What strain are they?

Kirk

Eddie
11-29-2008, 10:23 PM
Can you ship to Japan? :D

Discus-Hans
11-30-2008, 01:34 AM
Darren/Rod

Good job guys in many many ways,

Hans

brewmaster15
11-30-2008, 08:19 AM
I guess I should put an end date to this auction...Lets shoot for a week... Sat DEC 6th 12:01pm (eastern standard time)

-AL

Darren's Discus
12-02-2008, 07:05 PM
Looks like my babies will be coming home !!!! it brings a tear to my eye,their all grown up now !!!:D:D:D

come on aussies come on !! make a bid !!! Maybe we should offer them to the kiwi's as they seem to be beating us in lots of things at the moment !!:D:D

cheers

Roxanne
12-02-2008, 08:00 PM
oo. I want to bid but I just got 2 big beauties off Rod, and unless I can get another tank real quick....got til the 6th right;)?

Rox

Darren's Discus
12-02-2008, 08:49 PM
Roxanne,
I'm sure Rod could hold them a couple of weeks while you get a new tank ready ! Did you buy 2 nice golden intermediates from Rod ! go on make a bid , I dare you !!!:D:D

cheers

Roxanne
12-02-2008, 10:41 PM
..go on make a bid , I dare you !!!:D:D

cheers

you cheeky bugger:D... If Rod can make good on YOUR promise to hang onto them for a bit, and if there's some males amongst them, and if they're not already too inbred, and if Robyn will home 2 of them, and...just kidding, those are my only terms..ok cheeky chops $400.00:D

Rox

Darren's Discus
12-02-2008, 10:49 PM
you cheeky bugger:D... If Rod can make good on YOUR promise to hang onto them for a bit, and if there's some males amongst them, and if they're not already too inbred, and if Robyn will home 2 of them, and...just kidding, those are my only terms..ok cheeky chops $400.00:D

Rox

Robyn,I see at least 1 nice male in their and their not from Tasmania !!he he,so i think your all good to go for $400 ! Is that ok with you Rod ?

cheers

ShinShin
12-02-2008, 11:04 PM
Nice going, Rod.

Mat

Roxanne
12-02-2008, 11:09 PM
...so i think your all good to go for $400 ! Is that ok with you Rod ?

Hmm. I may be wrong but aren't u supposed to up the anti? Ka ching Ka ching?

:D

Darren's Discus
12-02-2008, 11:41 PM
Hmm. I may be wrong but aren't u supposed to up the anti? Ka ching Ka ching?

I'll see you and raise you $420 their you go ! Chicken !!!!!:D:D:D

cheers

Roxanne
12-03-2008, 03:31 AM
:pI got your chicken....I c ur pathetic $20 and raise you 30, $450.00

TankWatcher
12-03-2008, 06:27 AM
and their not from Tasmania !!he he :embarassed: hey, I must be thick, but I don't get it :embarassed: Fill me in Darren, pls :confused:
and if Robyn will home 2 of themtempting, 'cause they're real pretty - I especially like the one at the front with the extra striation (is that the right word/). BTW Darren, which is the boy?

But I don't have much free tank space right now. I have a little space left in the 7ft, but Darren - you know what I'm saving that for :)

The 4ft (72G) has 8 discus (so one discus too many as it is). The QT has the sick heckel - & if he recovers, the heckel will need it as his QT for 6-8 weeks to come, before he moves back to his usual home.

To take 2, I'd need to either sell some I already own (too sad) or clear out the Africans from the 3ft.

Have to say though, if I had room, I wouldn't hesitate.

Roxanne
12-03-2008, 07:12 AM
hmmm. I'm risking certain divorce, I don't know how much more long suffering-ness I can squeeze out of my husband: it's like being at the end of the toothpaste:D.....although I have managed to slip into a conversation that we may need a bigger tank sooner if we get fries;). I didn't feel the back of my head burning when I said it so I feel lucky;)...and he is quite impressed with the latest additions from Rod ;);)(impressed just doesn't cut it as a word to describe how beautiful they are...I named them Calypso & Pumpkin:))...I'm workin on it...I got til the 6th right??? Anyway, my last bid stands unless Mr Chicken Head Darren wants to up my anti!!(so to speak):D:angel::D

;)Rox

TankWatcher
12-03-2008, 07:29 AM
hmmm. I'm risking certain divorce, I don't know how much more long suffering-ness I can squeeze out of my husband: hmmm, I've reached the end of my hubby's long suffering-ness :D Poor thing, he says he comes last after a) kids b) fish c) lorikeet. After the 7ft, 4ft, 3ft, 100L QT, not to mention the 1,000L ageing tank in the garage. I think I have to wait at least a year, before I'd be game to bring it up :argue:

BUT, I know I already regret not having room to buy these beauties :mad:

Hey Rox, when do we get to see pictures of your new discus? You should start a nice thread with pics for us to see - especially if you also have these gorgeous guys to add to the mix.

Roxanne
12-03-2008, 07:49 AM
BUT, I know I already regret not having room to buy these beauties :mad:

Hey Rox, when do we get to see pictures of your new discus? You should start a nice thread with pics for us to see ....

Robyn, How ya goin Mate, I was going to get them all and just give you a couple if you could find the room. I got a 38litre (tiny I know)you can have if it's big enough for a QT tank, to free up your 100litre? Think on it and let me know..haven't actually won the auction yet anyway, just thinking in advance..

Yes I am a proud mum, Just trying not to freak them out with a flash at the moment, but the pix I have got I will post, not best quality cos' still using phone camera....

The Tasmania thing, I ain't touching that 1, but the thing about inbreeding came about cos' Rod & I were talking about how having new stock to breed with stops the Tasmanian Tango, ..hello SD forum members of Tasmania...we mean you no harm...it was Dazza not me:D

TankWatcher
12-03-2008, 08:18 AM
Mate, I was going to get them all and just give you a couple if you could find the roomGee, have to say it, you're such a sweetie. How about, if you win the auction, we talk about it then. I'd have to give you something, if I took any - I couldn't just take them. Said it before though, you have a great heart. (Will have to change your username to "Ms Kind Heart" )

The space issue is real.

4ft tank = 72G. @ the rate of 10G per discus, I have 1 too many in there.
7ft = 138G, so there's room there for 13 discus. Including the sick heckel, I have 9 for that tank. But that's the wild tank, so though I have space for 4 discus, I'm only getting more for that tank if they're wilds.

Then there's the 3ft African. I would give them away to my son, in fact nearly did about 2 months ago. That's hubby's fav of my tanks & he really doesn't want me to get rid of those, so he chucked a stink & talked me out of giving them away. Plus, at the moment, there's a cute little fry in there.

Thanks for the offer of loan of 38litre, but that would only solve the problem short term, as Rod's fish couldn't stay permanently in the 100L, given that it's a QT, so needs to be able to freed up.

Dilemma

April
12-03-2008, 03:28 PM
sounds like someone will be getting a nice xmas present. very nice offer rodney.

Darren's Discus
12-03-2008, 06:57 PM
hmmm. .I got til the 6th right??? Anyway, my last bid stands unless Mr Chicken Head Darren wants to up my anti!!(so to speak):D:angel::D

;)Rox
Roxanne "Chicken Head" I have been called many things in my life but chicken head takes the cake just for that your $450 bid stands !!!!:D:D:D

chicken head is better than chicken legs !!:D:D:D

cheers

Darren's Discus
12-03-2008, 07:00 PM
[QUOTE=TankWatcher;484036]:pls : BTW Darren, which is the boy?
Robyn,
the top fish in the first pic.

cheers

Roxanne
12-03-2008, 07:38 PM
That's it Dazza, I'm NEVER taking you to Vegas..:p:D

Hi Robyn:), unless someone else chimes in with a better bid:p, (no chicken heads please :D) they look like being mine. We can sweeten the deal for your hubby by offering him a really pretty Jacobfreibergi Peacock I got here seeing as he likes Africans;). You said in your bio that you don't count the Africans, it's funny but I don't either anymore since I got my discus:). And the 38 litre was a gift, I know it's small, but hey, so are hospital rooms..and we tell MY hubby that we are setting up a breeding program that will make LOADS of money which will justify more tanks.....wow, looks like I might have it covered, it's hard work being deceiptful & sneaky.....I'm sending you a PM..

Rox ;)

Darren's Discus
12-03-2008, 07:48 PM
That's it Dazza, I'm NEVER taking you to Vegas..:p:D

Hi Robyn:), unless someone else chimes in with a better bid:p, (no chicken heads please :D) they look like being mine. We can sweeten the deal for your hubby by offering him a really pretty Jacobfreibergi Peacock I got here seeing as he likes Africans;). You said in your bio that you don't count the Africans, it's funny but I don't either anymore since I got my discus:). And the 38 litre was a gift, I know it's small, but hey, so are hospital rooms..and we tell MY hubby that we are setting up a breeding program that will make LOADS of money which will justify more tanks.....wow, looks like I might have it covered, it's hard work being deceiptful & sneaky.....I'm sending you a PM..

Rox ;)
You girls just don't get it yet,You have to be like Rod and I,and have heaps of tanks that way when (or if ever) the other half come in the fishroom their are so many fish they don't notice 1 or 2 or even 20 new fish !:D 1 or 2 tanks are just to hard to smuggle new fish in !

cheers

Roxanne
12-03-2008, 08:18 PM
You girls just don't get it yet,... 1 or 2 tanks are just to hard to smuggle new fish in !

Well, who better to answer advice on "deceiptful & sneaky" than a bloke??:p;) :D See, the secret to your success is, it's all about the ratio. If you got the tanks in there already, you can smuggle extra fish in there. I only got 5 tanks so it's still too noticable....the problem seems to be getting the tanks in without being noticed:confused:..a fish or ten not so hard, but the tanks too big to fit under the tshirt......I feel my face go hot & red when he says, "so, what did you do today?"...How can I tell him I have been fooling around with/staring at the fish tanks ALL day instead of paying invoices etc...I don't! I just look really busy in the office when I hear his truck coming...(Should this be a new thread on "How to deceive your spouse into thinking you have less than they think, and absorb associated costs"?):angel:

TankWatcher
12-03-2008, 08:55 PM
I'm with Roxy - it's sneaking the tanks in, not the fish that's the hard bit. Sure, I've snuck in the odd fish hubby doesn't know or care about, but once existing tanks are fully stocked & if you don't want to over stock, How are you supposed to sneak in the extra tank & him not notice :confused: It's the extra tank he objects to, not an extra fish in existing tank. (He's an accountant & objects to the running costs, plus the maintenance time)

Darren, that boy is one sweet fish? So you can tell by the photos? I thought you more or less had to spot their breeding tubes?

Roxy - re the photos. Don't use a flash - that usually just causes glare on the glass. I'm a shocker when it comes to pix, but, my best attempts are at night with all lights out, except for tank light. I even turn off the TV & PC monitor & lights on the other tanks.

Roxanne
12-03-2008, 09:24 PM
Going to spend the rest of the day doing maintenance and trying to get photos. I will try what you said but I will darken the room. They are so gorgous, I'm renaming their variety to 'Sunburst':pThey go from almost a mocha brown up through the spectrum to a bright yellowy orange. They have blue irridescent specks on their fins, and they got these big chubby cute faces that you just want to squeeze them and they come right up to the glass and ok I'll shut up now....

Will check in later to see if any chicken heads want to up the anti....:D:D

Roxanne:balloon:

Rod
12-04-2008, 05:51 PM
Going to spend the rest of the day doing maintenance and trying to get photos. I will try what you said but I will darken the room. They are so gorgous, I'm renaming their variety to 'Sunburst':pThey go from almost a mocha brown up through the spectrum to a bright yellowy orange. They have blue irridescent specks on their fins, and they got these big chubby cute faces that you just want to squeeze them and they come right up to the glass and ok I'll shut up now....

Good on ya's, keep them bids coming. :)

Rox, i think there is at least 2 males, maybe 3.

Darren's Discus
12-04-2008, 06:34 PM

Ah yes "chicken head" checking in !!! how about i up the Uncle ?????

cheers

Roxanne
12-04-2008, 07:53 PM
G'morning Mr chicken head:D:D

Please don't up anybody's anything anymore cos I'm going to have trouble as it is "hiding" this little transaction!!..Joking:D...Kind of:o..

Hi Rod:)

Keep em coming mate, cos I ain't getn' my fish anywhere but from you again. (or maybe mr chicken head)Most fish I see in LFS'S don't look right, now that I have some SD wisdom. And, even the ones that do look alright are in tanks with others that are clearly not! Calypso & Pumpkin(smaller one) are doing nicely BTW;):):)

If I win the auction I'll get another tank & QT the 5 while Robyn's HECKEL QT is finishing, then she can take 2 and I'll keep 3. Darren promised you would hang onto them for a little bit til we get sorted. Isn't he a sweet little chicken head:D

I'd like to see what happens when putting male/s from these with both the Golds and then female/s from these with my turks and them mixing them around abit, without doing the Tasmanian Tango of course. Robyn can mix em up with her bunch, and we'll push mr chicken head out of the Sydney market!!!:D:D:D

Rox:)

brewmaster15
12-04-2008, 07:58 PM
I'm lov'in the interaction here people... Wish I lived in Oz sometimes...Thanks for all the participation!:) I think we need to get those other forum Aussies into this....come out...come out where ever you are!

-al

Roxanne
12-04-2008, 09:12 PM
Hi Al;)

Um...the other Aussies are all scared off by my obnoxious behaviour!! I'm the only obnoxious Aussie you got, the rest are normal contributing members of Society and they can't get a word in edge wise with me around anyway...

It's my master plan to get the fish for myself!!!(Is there an evil laugh emoticon?)

Rox:D

Darren's Discus
12-04-2008, 09:42 PM
Hi Al;)

Um...the other Aussies are all scared off by my obnoxious behaviour!! I'm the only obnoxious Aussie you got, the rest are normal contributing members of Society and they can't get a word in edge wise with me around anyway...

It's my master plan to get the fish for myself!!!(Is there an evil laugh emoticon?)

Just what we need we do this hobby for some quiet time away from our partners and now we get nagged on the forum !!!:D

cheers

Roxanne
12-04-2008, 11:38 PM
oops...correction..You have 2 obnoxious aussies!

Roxanne
12-05-2008, 11:49 PM
Are we there yet???:D

brewmaster15
12-06-2008, 10:20 AM
Todays the day!:):)

Who will win the auction and get these beautiful Discus....only a few more hours to go here!

-al

April
12-06-2008, 01:41 PM
i wanna..i wanna..but a bit far..
love your santa rod..on your avatar. but i bet hes gonna get hot in oz with that outfit on.
the pressures on..get your last bids in..maybe someone will come from left field and grab em the last second..so keep an eye out.. of course the aussies are sleepinng right now..shhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....

brewmaster15
12-06-2008, 01:42 PM
Congratulations Roxanne!! You win the auction with a bid of $450.:). Drop me a pm and we'll work out the payment and then Rod and you can sort out the shipping...

Thanks so much to everyone involved here for the generous participation!!:)

Tanks all!

-al

Roxanne
12-06-2008, 05:57 PM
.....maybe someone will come from left field and grab em the last second..so keep an eye out.. of course the aussies are sleepinng right now..shhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....

G'Day April:)

Thanks for not causing a mutiny!! Not me, I wasn't sleeping and according to my Sydney time I won this 12 hours ago, I thought maybe you Americans was sleeping!!:D When you getn down under?? We need you for our Aussie discus club! Did I send you the promotional stuff for Cockatoo Island?:D;)

Hi Al

Ha ha haaa.:bandana: My evil plan worked!! ;)

Hey Robyn, make room for a couple of fishies...Merry Xmas Everybody!!:balloon:

Roxanne. The Winner. The Winnnneer. The Winnerrrrrrrrrr!:D:D

:balloon:

Darren's Discus
12-06-2008, 06:55 PM
Dam dam dam,I just missed out i wanted to swoop in at the last minute a put a final bid in ! :D:D:D Well done Roxy !

cheers (from mr chicken head)

Roxanne
12-06-2008, 07:00 PM
Dam dam dam,I just missed out i wanted to swoop in at the last minute a put a final bid in
cheers (from mr chicken head)

Thanks mate! All joking aside, How about you keep one? Two fer me & robyn and you can have 1?

rox:)

Darren's Discus
12-06-2008, 07:07 PM
Thanks mate! All joking aside, How about you keep one? Two fer me & robyn and you can have 1?

rox:)

Thanks for the offer but 1 would be useless for me as they dont breed on their own !(wish they did)

cheers

Roxanne
12-06-2008, 07:13 PM
Ok I'll send you some babies...

Or, you can take the shipment(I'll pay it) and breed some from them and then send me & Robyn the proven mated pairs? That would give us extra time to set up. What do ya think?

TankWatcher
12-06-2008, 07:36 PM
Roxy, you could always make it 2 for Darren, 3 for you. If Darren (the birthday boy, aka Mr Chicken Head) tries to make sure he keeps a pair, he would have far more likely success at breeding. The two of you could come to an arrangement re: the fry.

Roxanne
12-06-2008, 07:47 PM
No robyn, I thought mr chicken head could get some fries from them while we get set up and finish current QT's. is that a good idea?

TankWatcher
12-06-2008, 11:24 PM
No robyn, I thought mr chicken head could get some fries from them while we get set up and finish current QT's. is that a good idea?Sorry, Roxy - hope I didn't offend. Realise now it wasn't my place to suggest it anyway :embarassed:
If Darren agrees & he gets some fry while Sydney QT tanks are set up, sounds like a plan :thumbsup:

Darren's Discus
12-06-2008, 11:40 PM
Ok I'll send you some babies...

Or, you can take the shipment(I'll pay it) and breed some from them and then send me & Robyn the proven mated pairs? That would give us extra time to set up. What do ya think?

Girls, seriously i'm up for anything !:D(we are talking about discus) whatever you decide i'm good for !:)

cheers

Roxanne
12-07-2008, 02:34 AM
Robyn, mate, you could never offend me! All ideas welcome, I just thought seeing as Darren mentioned he would have liked them, I figured, he can lighten Rod's load sooner if he wants a shot at breeding from them...But, whatever is good for everyone else is fine with me. Darren sounds keen for a shot, so we can finish setting up/QTing while Darren MAKES them breed!!!:p:D He gets a bunch of fries, and we get a pair each? If everyone is in agreement, I will fix Rod up with shipping costs to Darren, and I'll meet the cost again when Darren forwards them. Robyn, Darren, Rod, Do the eyes have it?:):bandana:

two utes
12-07-2008, 04:42 AM
Congratulations Roxy. You got some nice fish there.
I like you idea about having Darren breed them for you too. Priceless.:D

Roxanne
12-07-2008, 06:13 AM
I like you idea about having Darren breed them for you too. Priceless.:D

Hey 2 utes, thanks, I just saw yours. Yours weren't from the same fries as Rod's were they? Urs seem to have those extra fin colours, the blue & orange, just gorgous. Excellent job;)

Darren...yes, well I had to get the cheeky chicken back somehow didn't I??:D

Rox:balloon:

TankWatcher
12-07-2008, 06:39 AM
the ayes sure do have It

two utes
12-07-2008, 08:15 AM
Hey 2 utes, thanks, I just saw yours. Yours weren't from the same fries as Rod's were they? Urs seem to have those extra fin colours, the blue & orange, just gorgous. Excellent job;)

:

Yes they were from the same batch of fries.....funny that

:)

Roxanne
12-07-2008, 04:33 PM
OK so that's 2 eyes and a bunch of fries!! Rod. Dazza, are you awake yet???:p

Darren's Discus
12-07-2008, 07:25 PM
Fine with me,I will pay the shipping from Rod to me !

cheers

Roxanne
12-07-2008, 07:46 PM
Fine with me,I will pay the shipping from Rod to me !

cheers

Oh, you sweet little chicken head, you don't have to do that I will fix Rod up for the shipping..you're doing me & Robyn a favour also, I just hope you can "fry" 'em:D

Darren's Discus
12-07-2008, 09:44 PM
Oh, you sweet little chicken head, you don't have to do that I will fix Rod up for the shipping..you're doing me & Robyn a favour also, I just hope you can "fry" 'em:D I can with a little bit of "garlic butter"

mmm mmmm

Roxanne
12-08-2008, 07:48 AM
tastes like chicken:D

Roxanne
12-08-2008, 08:17 PM
oo you cheeky chicken heads I know what you're up to and I'm telling on you!!:p

Hey everybody, as if these guys haven't all been generous enough, now they won't let me pay for shipping!! Aren't they sweet?

Al, Rod, Darren, you are all great guys, and I thank you!

Merry Discus Everybody!;)

TankWatcher
12-09-2008, 12:00 AM
They sure are sweet,

BUT let's not forget who the real sweetheart is

Robyn, How ya goin Mate, I was going to get them all and just give you a couple if you could find the room.

...Ok I'll send you some babies...

...Or, you can take the shipment(I'll pay it) and breed some from them and then send me & Robyn the proven mated pairs? That would give us extra time to set up. What do ya think?...
You're a gem, Roxanne. THANK YOU.

What goes around comes around Roxi & it must be in recognition of your generosity that the boys have taken care of postage.

Roxanne
12-09-2008, 01:05 AM
oo. ..Thank You Robyn..You made me go red:o...You're another sweety pie:p...let's change the subject..in light of my ammonia escapades, I don't think the guys are going to trust me with the fishies anymore:D

Darren's Discus
12-09-2008, 01:21 AM
Don't thank me the guy who is buying them off me is paying top dollar !(oops did i say that out loud):D:D:D

cheers

TankWatcher
12-09-2008, 02:59 AM
Don't thank me the guy who is buying them off me is paying top dollar !(oops did i say that out loud)Got a buyer for the fry already, huh

Sorry, this may have been mentioned before (sorry, I may even have been the one to ask it). Anyhow, what strain are these guys?

Roxanne
12-09-2008, 12:17 PM
...the butter/garlic thingy scares me more.....

Darren's Discus
12-09-2008, 07:13 PM
Got a buyer for the fry already, huh

Sorry, this may have been mentioned before (sorry, I may even have been the one to ask it). Anyhow, what strain are these guys?
Robyn,
the parents were a royal blue pair.

cheers

Darren's Discus
12-09-2008, 07:20 PM
...the butter/garlic thingy scares me more.....
Sorry Roxy,didn't know you didn't like garlic a little squeeze of fresh lemon is also nice too !:D:D:D

cheers

TankWatcher
12-09-2008, 11:30 PM
Do you mean the parents were a "wild" royal blue pair, or is royal blue the name the breeder gave to this strain?

Darren's Discus
12-10-2008, 12:13 AM
Robyn,
they were a domestic pair of mine !

cheers

Roxanne
12-10-2008, 12:49 AM
Sorry Roxy,didn't know you didn't like garlic a little squeeze of fresh lemon is also nice too !:D:D:D
cheers

Oh I don't mind, with fries on the side....argh this is getting gross...you forgot the salt...:D:D

Darren's Discus
12-10-2008, 01:12 AM
Oh I don't mind, with fries on the side....argh this is getting gross...you forgot the salt...:D:D
my special blend "chicken salt"

cheers

Roxanne
12-10-2008, 03:33 AM
....only on the fries:D

TankWatcher
12-10-2008, 08:37 AM
they were a domestic pair of mine !Didn't think were from wilds, as they look quite different to my wild royal blues (though I think mine are really only semi royal blues, being passed off as royals).

Just curious, these domestic ones of yours - are they from a turq. base?

GrillMaster
12-10-2008, 12:09 PM
Congrats on winnin the auction Roxy! :thumbsup:

That was a real charitable thing you did Rod!! Kudos to you bud! :)

I kinda lost track of who was doin what with the fish though. If I understood all of this correctly, Darren is gonna pair em up for ya, send you and Robyn a pair of breedin fish and he keeps the fry? Darren and Rod have the shipping covered? Great deal all the way around!

Darren, I am but a lonely orphan looking for a good home... Just kiddin! Al has already adopted me! ;) :D :D

Tis the season... :D :D :D

Roxanne
12-10-2008, 03:12 PM
Congrats on winnin the auction Roxy! :thumbsup:

That was a real charitable thing you did Rod!! Kudos to you bud! :)

I kinda lost track of who was doin what with the fish though. If I understood all of this correctly, Darren is gonna pair em up for ya, send you and Robyn a pair of breedin fish and he keeps the fry? Darren and Rod have the shipping covered? Great deal all the way around! :D :D :D

Thanks Mark. And yes they are great guys aren't they?

I think you are the only one who understands what we're doing;)!! But, hopefully Darren won't get hungry.....he's a garlic/chicken salt/lemon kind of guy and I'm just not down with that!!:D

And, I forgot to add, he doesn't know about this little contract 'rider' yet, but we'll be making Rod raise the fries seeing as he has 'the technique' for raising beautiful healthy fish...and I should know cos I already have 2 of his beauties. See them in my xmas avatar? They are round & chubby and gorgous! What is in the Cairns water I wonder??? Just Kidding...it's all about Rod!! And Mr Chicken Head!

;)

Darren's Discus
12-10-2008, 07:06 PM
Thanks Mark. And yes they are great guys aren't they?

I See them in my xmas avatar? They are round & chubby and gorgous! What is in the Cairns water I wonder??? Just Kidding...it's all about Rod!! And Mr Chicken Head!

;)
Roxy,
cairns water ? we hate cairns here in Townsville ! Boo hiss !:D:D:D

cheers

Roxanne
12-10-2008, 07:15 PM
But, when it comes to the State of Origin or the Cricket, you's are all brothers right?;)

Darren's Discus
12-10-2008, 07:34 PM
But, when it comes to the State of Origin or the Cricket, you's are all brothers right?;)
Their is only one place we hate more than Cairns,That's the dirty cockroaches from NSW ! go the maroons !!!!:D

cheers

Roxanne
12-10-2008, 07:43 PM
Yeah ha ha chicken wings!:p

I thought Rod was in Cairns & you were in Brisbane????? Are you guys playing switcheroo with your avatars? Now, his says Brisbane & yours says Townsville???? What's going on here.....Some poor girl in Taree is asking me where to find good stock and I'm tellin' her Rod in CAIRNS or Chicken Head in brisbum!!

:confused::confused::p:confused:

Darren's Discus
12-10-2008, 09:06 PM
Yeah ha ha chicken wings!:p

I thought Rod was in Cairns & you were in Brisbane????? Are you guys playing switcheroo with your avatars? Now, his says Brisbane & yours says Townsville???? What's going on here.....Some poor girl in Taree is asking me where to find good stock and I'm tellin' her Rod in CAIRNS or Chicken Head in brisbum!!

:confused::confused::p:confused:
You big city people are always to stressed out to know what is really going on !!:D

cheers

Roxanne
12-11-2008, 04:57 AM
Notice how I got away with using the b word....:p

TankWatcher
12-11-2008, 06:08 AM
So what's the reason for rivalry between Townsville & Cairns.

My work has locations in both places - I'll have to ask them about it too.

Roxanne
12-11-2008, 06:09 PM
It must be a "blokey" thing, always with the rivalry:argue:....I have never heard women say these sorts of things...what IS it with testosterone??....too much "ra" ..maybe it's primevil..they feel the need to protect their imaginary borders from rival tribes???? UG! ....could be mother issues...certain "inadequacies" maybe..:D....

ah, no I got it now....they HAVE been switching avatars/locations:alien: and they are trying to throw us/me of by calling us/me filthy NSW cockroaches....:D:D:D:D:D:D

Darren's Discus
12-11-2008, 06:44 PM
It must be a "blokey" thing, always with the rivalry:argue:....I have never heard women say these sorts of things...what IS it with testosterone??....too much "ra" ..maybe it's primevil..they feel the need to protect their imaginary borders from rival tribes???? UG! ....could be mother issues...certain "inadequacies" maybe..:D....

ah, no I got it now....they HAVE been switching avatars/locations:alien: and they are trying to throw us/me of by calling us/me filthy NSW cockroaches....:D:D:D:D:D:D

Us men are off fighting the important battles,while you women just sit around chatting about mindless gossip !:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

cheers

Roxanne
12-11-2008, 08:55 PM
Us men are off fighting the important battles,while you women just sit around chatting about mindless gossip !:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

cheers

Sorry King Arthur, what important battles would they be? :confused::D

Darren's Discus
12-11-2008, 09:00 PM
Sorry King Arthur, what important battles would they be? :confused::D

Saving the world from the current economic disaster,But don't worry your pretty little head about it,just dunk another bikkie in your cuppa !:D

cheers

Roxanne
12-11-2008, 09:14 PM
Saving the world from the current economic disaster,But don't worry your pretty little head about it,just dunk another bikkie in your cuppa !:D

cheers

You's fellas have been "saving" the world for years, and I'm just wondering when will the actual saving of the world part be taking place...I'll need front row tickets and backstage passes cos I don't want to miss it.......don't think it was women exploding bombs in pristine atolls in the pacific a few years back...maybe I shouldn't be worrying my pretty little head about that and just go dunk another bikkie....;):D:D:D:D:D:D

Armandi_Fishcarer
12-11-2008, 11:23 PM
Congrats Roxanne on the win! :D

I was reading this post and just got mind bogggooollledd :D:D

Hope all goes well with them :)

Regards
Armandi ;)

Roxanne
12-12-2008, 04:07 PM
Hi Armandi! How you going? Thanks for the wishes. Yeah, it all got a bit crazy back there huh?What can I say, Dazz brings out the silly in me! Why haven't you changed your Avatar to a chrissy male symbol yet? Did you know, Dazza is giving the forum $50.00 for each chrissy avatar? ...ooops...incoming...
:D:D

two utes
12-12-2008, 05:02 PM
why haven't you changed your Avatar to a chrissy male symbol yet? Did you know, Dazza is giving the forum $50.00 for each chrissy avatar? ...ooops...incoming...
:D:D

:D:D:D:D:D Darren's (aka 'Chicken Head') generosity is never ending. :D:D:D:D:D

Roxanne
12-12-2008, 05:20 PM
Hey 2 utes, how is ya? Bin fishin?

SD'ers I should clarify, I didn't mean to be disrespectful to Dazz, he called me a chicken first!! So, the chicken head rules henceforth are.....you are only allowed to call Dazz a chicken head/legs/salt/man if he calls you 1 first, ok? Otherwise you have to donate money to the forum for every unauthorised use of the aforementioned words henceforth from this moment on forever & ever amen...:D:D

:D:D:D

two utes
12-13-2008, 06:15 PM
Hey 2 utes, how is ya? Bin fishin?

:D:D:D

Yep....flew over your house the other day on my way to QLD. check out my report, and short clip.
http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?t=61627&page=6

I like your idea about donating money to the forum for unauthorised use of words.....bit like a swear jar!:D:D:D

Roxanne
12-14-2008, 06:21 AM
Hey 2utes! I checked out your footage and I'll leave the standard silly Roxanne comment on that thread!!

That's it! Swear jar!, couldn't think of the word, thanks 2utes!!

Rox:)

How's the fishies doing Dazza??

Darren's Discus
12-18-2008, 09:41 PM
Hey Roxy,
I got the contest discus off Rod this morning.They are just settling into their new digs.will post some pics soon.

cheers

yim11
12-18-2008, 10:14 PM
Great thread!

Wonderful idea for a swear jar - one of the best examples/implementation of it is seen here:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=EJJL5dxgVaM

;)

-jim

Roxanne
12-19-2008, 03:25 AM
Hey Roxy,
I got the contest discus off Rod this morning.They are just settling into their new digs.will post some pics soon.

cheers

:):):):)Robyn did ya hear that? oooo isn't this exciting? Can't wait to see them! Thanks for the update, So glad to hear they arrived in good shape! Does it take ya back to wen they was just little fries stuck to a filter?? Do they look like their parents? I bet you got a buzz seeing them all growed up! I'm really happy you got to see them again!!

Now, FRY EM DAZ! FRY EM!! -no garlic salt or lemon ok;)!

Rox:D:D:D:D

Darren's Discus
12-19-2008, 05:53 AM
:):):):)Robyn did ya hear that? oooo isn't this exciting? Can't wait to see them! Thanks for the update, So glad to hear they arrived in good shape! Does it take ya back to wen they was just little fries stuck to a filter?? Do they look like their parents? I bet you got a buzz seeing them all growed up! I'm really happy you got to see them again!!

Now, FRY EM DAZ! FRY EM!! -no garlic salt or lemon ok;)!

Rox:D:D:D:D
Roxy,
it is great to see them again,Especially after Rod did such an awesome job growing them up !Now if we can get a pair for you and a pair for Robyn that would be great and hopefully some Mc fries with that as well ! Rod was extra generous and sent me a xmas pressie a beautiful young pair of red turks! Will try and get some pics for you over the weekend.

cheers

TankWatcher
12-19-2008, 07:11 AM
:):):):)Robyn did ya hear that? oooo isn't this exciting? Sure is Roxi. Looking forward to the pics Darren. Good luck with the fry attempt. Fingers & toes are all crossed. Pretty nice Christmas present from Rod. Can't beat a good old turq

Darren's Discus
12-22-2008, 09:00 PM
Roxy,
here are your fish hanging together and i do mean together !

cheers

Darren's Discus
12-22-2008, 09:03 PM
And Roxy,
doesn't matter what bad things or names you call me,because i know iv'e been a good boy this year !:D:D:D Look what Santa Rod sent me for chrissie !!:)

TankWatcher
12-22-2008, 09:07 PM
Those Challenge fish sure are hanging together. Love that 2nd last shot, all lined up like that.

Nice Chrissie pressi from Santa Rod

Roxanne
12-22-2008, 11:13 PM
And Roxy,
doesn't matter what bad things or names you call me,because i know iv'e been a good boy this year !:D:D:D Look what Santa Rod sent me for chrissie !!:)

Oh dazzy baby, you HAVE been a very good boy, you're very lucky you know, I asked Santa Rod for a "loaded" boyfriend for Calypso and he said no...hey, so did Santa Darren come to think of it....you are not very good Santas are yas:p?

I took a quick poll and you's are both sacked...there should be no nepitism from Santa!!...Santa is supposed to be politically correct & not show favouritism!

How CUTE do they all look there stacked in a row? (The fish not you two...)They look really big....and HAPPY...you's guys have done/are doing a great job!...show offs:p Chrissy fries would be nice...not yummy nice, Darren...nice nice...

Merry Xmas everybody...;)

TankWatcher
12-23-2008, 01:32 AM
They look like they're all lined up for their school year photo

Roxanne
12-23-2008, 05:54 AM
:D Good 1 Robyn...The Graduating OZDiscus Class of 2008...;)...so, so proud..

brewmaster15
12-23-2008, 08:47 AM
Excellent Job all!!:)

Looks like the contest fish are happy in their New Home!:) I really like the way you Aussies pulled together on this one...Nice...real Nice..:) Merry Christmas to all of you down there in OZ!:):):)

-al

Ps...Thanks again for the support!

TankWatcher
12-23-2008, 08:59 AM
:):):)Merry Christmas Al:):):)

EDIT: Rox, you crack me up. I only just noticed those graduation hats. I thought they'd be sooking, 'cause there's no graduation gown. But I guess you told them "Don't be Greedy"

Roxanne
12-23-2008, 09:37 AM
...my art is never good on the laptop...

..... I only just noticed those graduation hats. I thought they'd be sooking, 'cause there's no graduation gown. But I guess you told them "Don't be Greedy"

....actually I told them "Be grateful ur not wearing santa hats!!"

Roxanne
12-23-2008, 09:41 AM
Merry Xmas to you & yours Brew and Crew...here's to another year of Simply;):)

And to all the Simply Forum Members, Merry Xmas from Down Under!;)

Roxanne

Darren's Discus
12-23-2008, 06:44 PM
:D Good 1 Robyn...The Graduating OZDiscus Class of 2008...;)...so, so proud..

Excellent job Roxy,I wish you all a merry Xmas.

cheers

TankWatcher
12-23-2008, 06:46 PM
Merry Christmas all. Have a safe one please.

Roxanne
12-23-2008, 07:05 PM
...give the challenge discus a little kiss for us Daz!!...go on...kiss em!...:D