PDA

View Full Version : These were real cars!

Greg Richardson
11-29-2008, 11:52 PM
You'll love this.
Back when cars had personalities!
http://thefiftiesandsixties.com/CarsWeDrove.htm

BTW. There are some other great links you can go to from that site. Enjoy!

wolfbane
11-30-2008, 02:27 PM
Thanks Greg! Great page. I enjoy your other posts too.

rfeiller
12-01-2008, 10:42 PM
that was just yesterday wasn't it?

Dkarc@Aol.com
12-01-2008, 11:21 PM
Oh boy Greg, now you have hit a soft spot close to my heart. My father in law builds and restores streetrods for a living. His personal car is a 1941 Willy's with a blown 355. I'll have to get some pics of it up to show you. I myself am currently working on a 55 Chevy truck. Finished the front end a few months ago and finished the rear not too long ago. My father in law has it at his shop right now working on it when he has time. Here in a few weeks we will be stripping it back down and sending it out to get the frame powercoated. Should be finished by next summer.

-Ryan

Greg Richardson
12-01-2008, 11:29 PM
Thanks Debbie.

Rfeiller. LOL! I hear you there. Time goes so fast.

I wasn't born until 1958 so I missed out on what I believe was the greatest time for cars the 50, 60's.

Unless you are talking about 100K and above cars today are so boring.
Most look the same. No personality.

I think people were blessed that lived through that time period.
Heard lot of stories about it.

When I was in high school there was a some muscle cars but it wasn't anything like the pictures I've seen of the gatherings cruising and all of that.

We were still cruising in the 70's but it was tailing off.
In Seattle a place called Golden Gardens. But to many cops showed up. LOL!

Greg Richardson
12-01-2008, 11:35 PM
Ryan. Yes. Pictures be good. How cool to be doing that with your Dad.
You are very blessed in my eyes.

I love it when the family traveling down the freeway and one of the oldies drives by. Especially when it's a car club. We had a real treat one vacation a club spent the night at the same hotel as us. They gave my kids pictures of their souped up rods it was great. Not sure who enjoyed that more us or them as both my kids were in awe of those old cars.

They hear dear old Dad whine about modern cars enough to know those are something special besides just their looks and driving them. You can actually WORK on them without a computer!

Dkarc@Aol.com
12-02-2008, 12:41 AM
The car was built entirely by him from ground up. He actually made the frame from stock steel. There is no paint on it, only the gel coat (fiberglass body) that has been heavily sanded/buffed. Its a fast car, lol.

Greg Richardson
12-02-2008, 01:09 AM
Ryan. As my son would say............. Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!

If you or anyone else is interested here is a link to a car forum that is just getting started. You can join for free right now. It will be a pay site down the road just like they did with Investorshub once it got going.

http://cars.talkzilla.com/default.aspx

Darren's Discus
12-02-2008, 01:35 AM
Greg those were the days,all the gas you could burn for a $1.style never goes out of fashion !thank's for sharing.
:)

cheers

Rod
12-02-2008, 06:35 AM
fantastic Greg, love those oldies. I had a '61 GM Holden ek a long time ago. 4 on the floor, twin carbies, fins, lime green, a taxibar and venetians. What a beast it was, i loved it!! But so easy to work on, we would do most things ourselves. Now i have a vehicle, gets me from a to b, can't even remember the last time i looked under the bonnet. I miss having a nice car.....

Cosmo
12-03-2008, 12:58 PM
Nah.. a REAL car was a 69 Camaro SS with a Hi-Perf 396, 4 bolt mains, Z88 cam, solid lifters, Holly double pumper on a hi rise aluminum manifold, tube headers, and a 456 rear end with positraction. now THAT was a REAL car :D

I miss it :cry:

alpine
12-03-2008, 06:14 PM
Thanks for the interesting post, I watched the whole skid...
Roberto.