PDA

View Full Version : CANT GET A SINGLE HATCH

G550
11-30-2008, 07:45 PM
MOM AND DAD KEEP EATING EGGS OR FRY. HAVE POSTED BEFORE AND EVERYONE SAYS GIVE THEM TIME THEY WILL FIGURE IT OUT GOING ON 4 MONTHS NOW AND STILL NOTHING. CAN I GET SOME HELP WITH PULLING THE EGGS AFTER 2 DAYS POST SPAWN AND KEEPING THE EGSS FROM FUNGUS. MOM AND DAD DO A GREAT JOB RIGHT UP UNTIL THEY START WIGGLING AND THEN SLOWLY GONE. iVE GOT A TUPPERWARE THAT HAS 3 LARGE HOLES TO LET THE TANK WATER IN AND OUT, THEY ARE COVERED WITH MESH SO THE EGGS DONT ESCAPE ITS TIME TO GO ARTIFICIAL I THINK.
HOW MUCH METH BLUE DO YOU PUT IN OR SOMETHING ELSE?
WATER IS AT 3 KH AND 6.8 85F BB HIGH 38 GALLON TANK
:whip:
PLEASE HELP GOIING ON 5 MONTHS CONTINUOUS BREEDING

Big Tuck
11-30-2008, 09:08 PM
Well i went thru the same thing your going thru and they finally clicked,after i made a number of changes.Now im far from a expert,im only going to tell you what i did.First i got a r/o unit and got my tds to 50-80. Got the PH to settle at6.2 to 6.5. changed the water 50% EVERY day and dropped the temp to74 when i changed the water.Before i made these changes i had many spawns that went to different stages,all to end up the same as you.After i got it set i lost one more spawn and then both pairs were successfull.

MostlyDiscus
11-30-2008, 10:18 PM
Have to agree with Tuck here. Get your hardness down and keep the ph stable. I assume he means adding water that is 74 degrees in order to drop the temp of the existing water down. Ed

G550
12-01-2008, 12:45 AM
HOW MUCH FURTHER SHOULD I DROP THE HARDNESS. i HAVE THE R/O WATER GOING INTO THE TANK BUT I ADD R/O RIGHT TO BRING IT UP A LITTLE, iVE PH CRASHED A FEW YEARS BACK AND THAT WAS UGLY SO DONT WANT TO DUPLICATE THAT. RIGHT NOW THE KH IS 2-3 TDS IS AT 50.:confused:

wxman
12-01-2008, 10:51 AM
I keep my PH around 6.4-6.7. I use ro/di water...mix in a little tap water (declorinated) to keep the TDS respectable, and keep the temperature around 86 degrees. The fish and Fry seem to love it. I do change about 5-10 gallons a day from a 50 gallon tank.

G550
12-01-2008, 11:29 PM
trying to lower ph slowly see if this works. thanks for help othe:angel:r pair laid eggs yesterday well see

MostlyDiscus
12-01-2008, 11:46 PM
G5fifdy, what kind of discus do you have? Different strains seem to have different needs.

mcsinny99
12-02-2008, 01:27 AM
If you are running a cannister or hob just throw a softener pillow in there, that is all I do and it works every time, however if they are fertilizing the eggs, this won't help any. Are they turning whitish? If they look orange but not cloudy the eggs are good. Sometimes I have heard of people with 2 females as well.
Of course you could yell at them.:D

G550
12-02-2008, 12:20 PM
these two pair are pigeon blood they are fertile just mom and dad eat after 2 days whats up lost another batch last night

mcsinny99
12-02-2008, 01:22 PM
have you tried putting a "cage" around the cone? Pretty easy, just make it out of chicken wire or something similar. That way they can see/fan the eggs and bond, but can't eat them. Guy I know does that and it works.