PDA

View Full Version : How are these Juvies.. Please comment on the quality.

ujwaldignified
12-02-2008, 12:48 PM
ALSO PLEASE LET ME KNOW THE STRAIN NAME .
AM NEW TO DISCUS.
:)
http://picasaweb.google.com/ujwaldignified/NewDiscuses?authkey=hFfVcW4Gxxo#527520295749918392 2

Rod
12-02-2008, 04:23 PM
Very much stunted, they have had a rough life so far. Hopefully they will do better in your care. :)

airbus123
12-02-2008, 09:27 PM
they don't look young anymore... looks very very stunted.

hope u can change their fate with a good routine of water change and diet.

ujwaldignified
12-03-2008, 03:55 AM
How can i make them normal?
Can they get bigger and normal?
Am right now keeping them in a 5ft tank. (112gallons)
Will keep them in a 40 gallon tank and provide regular WC. 25% everyday. And temperature 28deg to 30deg.
Thank u.

ujwaldignified
12-03-2008, 09:50 AM
Someone please help me advicing. :(

ujwaldignified
12-03-2008, 09:53 AM
Please tell me will i be able to grow these discuses into large good Discuses.. So are these really stunted to an extent that they cant grow further at all?
Pleae advice me.
I am performing WC every day 50% and feeding them tetra bits.
Temp is 29dec C. Using RO filter. I have kept them in a 3ftX1.5ftX1ft tank to grow out.
Will they grow ? :confused:

Eddie
12-03-2008, 09:56 AM
Hi there ujwaldignified, not to get off the subject but it's best if you submit one thread about your juvenile discus. You will probably get more responses believe it or not. ;)

There is nothing miraculous you can do to save your Discus. All the help was already given. You need to just take good care of them. Give them clean water and feed them often, but don't overfeed them at each feeding. Other than that, it is just gonna take alot of patience on your part. Your fish may be stunted but they can still develop into nice looking fish. They just weren't off to a good start but you can help them out. Keep us updated on their development.

Take care
Eddie

ujwaldignified
12-03-2008, 10:00 AM
Thanks a lot. Finally, i got a kind of satisfactory reply. And that happened bcz there are people who can understand the feeling of a Discus owner when his pets are at risk. Thanks for the reply.
I will do that for sure.
In the LFS, they were actually kept in a 2X2X2 tank with many other adults. May be the adults induced those harmones which stunts the juvies...
I will take care of them like a real Discus. Will surely keep u all posted. Thank you.