PDA

View Full Version : Someone help my so called Stunted Discus juvies plz.

ujwaldignified
12-03-2008, 09:54 AM
Please tell me will i be able to grow these discuses into large good Discuses.. So are these really stunted to an extent that they cant grow further at all?
Pleae advice me.
I am performing WC every day 50% and feeding them tetra bits.
Temp is 29dec C. Using RO filter. I have kept them in a 3ftX1.5ftX1ft tank to grow out.
Will they grow ?
http://picasaweb.google.co.in/ujwaldignified/NewDiscuses?authkey=hFfVcW4Gxxo#

William Palumbo
12-03-2008, 10:11 AM
Hi...your fish should continue to grow. I have seen much worst. They should turn into decent fish but probally not as big as they could have been. You are going to have to feed more than Tetra Bits to grow them up and bulk them up. Otherwise they will continue to grow poorly. The daily water changes are good...but you HAVE to feed other foods...frequently. Frozen or live worms work well...as does a good beef-heart mix. Tetra Bits are best used IMO to feed in between the "main" feedings...as a fast snack...Bill

ujwaldignified
12-03-2008, 10:15 AM
Hi...your fish should continue to grow. I have seen much worst. They should turn into decent fish but probally not as big as they could have been. You are going to have to feed more than Tetra Bits to grow them up and bulk them up. Otherwise they will continue to grow poorly. The daily water changes are good...but you HAVE to feed other foods...frequently. Frozen or live worms work well...as does a good beef-heart mix. Tetra Bits are best used IMO to feed in between the "main" feedings...as a fast snack...Bill

Thanks a lot This reply made my day...
:)