PDA

View Full Version : What do you want for Christmas?

cyang
12-04-2008, 12:07 PM
What is your ideal aquarium- or discus-related gift to yourself this Christmas?

I'm not talking about a dream gift...I mean something realistic!

brewmaster15
12-04-2008, 01:04 PM
Well Chaz,
It may be boring but I always want Discus!:) and I don't need an excuse for them! Just the space...I have the tanks....just not the space!

and I guess as a second Hobby related one...I'm thinking of treating myself to a tank of wild Scalare... I miss breeding them!:)

-al

William Palumbo
12-04-2008, 01:14 PM
I have several young pairs forming and some spawning. To have some Discus babies by Christmas would be all the gift I would want...Discus wise anyways...Bill

cyang
12-04-2008, 01:59 PM
Sounds like great gifts to me, guys!

I forgot to mention what I wanted...

I want my girlfriend to be as into my fish as I am, so she can start doing water changes!

gotfish?
12-04-2008, 02:14 PM
wish list

LED lighting
dual pressurized CO2 unit
kick *** RO unit
and some bad *** wild heckles:D

:antlers:

Darren's Discus
12-04-2008, 06:41 PM
A breeding pair of wild heckels ! (oh no iv'e started something now):D:D:D

cheers

GrillMaster
12-04-2008, 07:10 PM
Well Chaz,
It may be boring but I always want Discus!:) and I don't need an excuse for them! Just the space...I have the tanks....just not the space!

Hmmmmm....I recall alot of space in the other part of yer basement my friend!! You know, the sealed off garage doors and all. ;) :D :D :D

Sorry couldn't resist! :D

As far as the Scalare...well we have ta talk! :)

pcsb23
12-04-2008, 07:20 PM
True altums, and to breed them.

jimmyjoe
12-04-2008, 07:36 PM
I would love to have a large basement for all my tanks, so my wife will leave me alone about no more room for discus LOL......................Merry Christmas all Jim

brewmaster15
12-04-2008, 07:43 PM
Hmmmmm....I recall alot of space in the other part of yer basement my friend!! You know, the sealed off garage doors and all. ;) :D :D :D

Sorry couldn't resist! Mark, I am exercising the most restraint I have had in years....The fish room absolutely can not exceed its current size...:) I just couldn't afford one tank outside that woodstove heated fish room!:(.. A discus addicts got to know their limitations!:)

-al

Roxanne
12-04-2008, 09:17 PM
Rod

:D

Darren's Discus
12-04-2008, 09:36 PM
Rod

Mate your in trouble here !:D:D:D

cheers

aquadiva
12-04-2008, 09:45 PM
Just a few more Discus to add to my tank! :fish: Like some Reds, Oranges, Ice blues, Ocean Greens, etc. etc. etc. LOL!

Anna :angel:

TankWatcher
12-04-2008, 09:55 PM
Rod

Mate your in trouble here ! :D:D:Dthink you are too Rox, what will your twins say (let alone hubby) :p But then, I think it's not so much Rod you want - just his discus & Rod is just needed to do all the discus maintenance;)

Anyway, I want a nice little bunch of wild red spotte tefe discus & some other spectacular wild types that i never see in Oz.

Discus-n00b
12-04-2008, 10:12 PM
I want a styro box coming from Daly City, CA hehehe ;) Some nice wild greens would be nice as well.

I've got all i want right now really, i'm home for the holidays and not in a middle eastern desert. :)

Moon
12-05-2008, 12:00 AM
A new fish room where I can stand up erect.

Dkarc@Aol.com
12-05-2008, 12:05 AM
enough tanks to run my feed trials. LOL!

-Ryan

yim11
12-05-2008, 12:11 AM
I'd like to walk into the fish room and have all the fish give me a look of content that can only be interpreted as "we simply don't need anything to eat right now, but thanks". Then they would finish fanning their waste into the filter intake.

That or a UV filter...

Happy Holidays All!
-jim

architect1
12-05-2008, 12:16 AM
id like all the proper and good quality equipment, from the filter to, co2, to lighting, and ro. oh and my spawning pair to keep there babies and stop eating them.

MostlyDiscus
12-05-2008, 12:33 AM
My albino...x... Tangerine to produce a hot pink fish. Bring on the DISCO lites....

Discus-Hans
12-05-2008, 04:04 AM
A day off, not even hear or read the word DISCUS............................................ .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .......nahhhhh just kidding,

Hans

Darren's Discus
12-05-2008, 06:38 AM
A day off, not even hear or read the word DISCUS............................................ .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .......nahhhhh just kidding,

Hans

Hans my friend you would not know what to do with yourself !:D

cheers

Eddie
12-05-2008, 08:01 AM
I just picked mine up, 3 BDs, 2 leopards and I'm debating on pair of nice BIG leopards still :D. The wife said I could get them but only if I make the tank a planted tank. I told her that that would defeat the purpose! LOL We'll see

Apistomaster
12-05-2008, 10:17 AM
A totally automated, computer controlled fish room with solar power harnessed to heat the water, room and power all the equipment. Sky lights and metal halide lighting and floor drains so overflows aren't catastrophes.
12-240 gal tanks dedicated to different species and varieties of wild Discus and a 5000 gal tank for Heckels so I could keep 50. I figure that ought to constitute a proper herd and just maybe, that is what it take to get them in the mood.
Try breeding Hypancistrus zebra again.
Also a high end DSLR camera and lenses kit to take the photos of any progress I made.

Discus-Hans
12-05-2008, 01:13 PM
Hans my friend you would not know what to do with yourself !:D
cheers

Ha ha ha but Joanne knows lol

Hans

Joshcat
12-05-2008, 11:14 PM
We would love some new beautiful discus fishes for our 55gallon that just finished cycling. (Sigh) Unfortunately, Santa wont be visiting any of the kids or grandchildren if we got the Christmas present we wanted. Hmmm, a python and a RO unit would be nice too.

Remember,"patience is a virtue" I keep telling myself...

Happy Holiday's to all, this is an awesome group! Thanks Al and all the sponsors for hosting such a wonderful and informative site!

Sincerely, Josh and Cathy Eisenman