PDA

View Full Version : Vern Archer

MostlyDiscus
12-11-2008, 03:44 PM
Vern,

This pair gets around 200 or so to wigglers. For some reason they have a bad habbit of mismanagement. Babies all over the place. This clutch is near 3 days old and tails are starting to pop out. My water is 82 degrees thus the longer hatch time. I count 2 infertile eggs. PH 5.6 micros @150. Ed

cschwaderer
12-19-2008, 05:12 PM
I've had pairs like that. Where the wigglers end up all over the tank. I've had some limited success with putting them in smaller quarters for future spawns (25 gallons of water).

I'll typically not do anything until the fry start free swimming. Then I'll lower the water to about 1" above and below the largest Discus and then some of the fry will find the parents on their own. I also lower the bubbles on the sponge filter, but you have to be very careful about ammonial for the next 24-48 hours.

If you find something that works, please post!

Thanks,
Curt

Resinman
01-20-2012, 11:28 PM
yoohoooo :) thought I would gander here and see what is new ... Nothing as usual :)

Brent

Vern,

This pair gets around 200 or so to wigglers. For some reason they have a bad habbit of mismanagement. Babies all over the place. This clutch is near 3 days old and tails are starting to pop out. My water is 82 degrees thus the longer hatch time. I count 2 infertile eggs. PH 5.6 micros @150. Ed

Wes
01-21-2012, 01:12 AM
oops Brent . Its not new. you replied to a post from December 2008 ?????????:)????????????