PDA

View Full Version : I'm Back!!!

Diskboy12
12-22-2008, 01:02 PM
Ok, some of you may remember me some of you may not...names Kevin...I belive I was 14 when I first got welcomed to this site, and am not 16 turning 17 January 24. yay!. I live in Afton, Ny which is a small town in upstate Ny, about 30 minutes away from Binghamton and an hour from Syracuse. I am going to college in two years and will be attending SUNY ESF for a major in biology and become either a zoologist, ichtheologist, or herpetologist. I had the most generous man give me 6 discus back in the day to raise up, but from lack of understanding and sheer stupidity they all died. I am now between a rock and a hard place, and maybe be jumping into discus once agian. Here's the perdiciment. :argue:

I am getting a 10 gallon tank and money to do what I want with the tank for christmas...after much research (ex. pulling out all my Aquarium Fish & Tropical Fish Hobbyist magazines out and re-reading them thoughly) I have narrowed down the choices. :p

1.) Guppy/Koi Swordtail Planted tank w/DIY CO2 system.
2.) Nano Reef Tank with varies corals (zoos, shrooms, softies)
or
3.) Use the 10 gallon as a hospital tank or community with no plants, and here's the kicker.....get 4 new discus for my lonesome 55.:D

Now. I am going to save all the money from Christmas and from my birthday...plus I have a check coming from work this next week, see how much money I have and I will ask for you guy's oppinion on which way to go.

Sound like a plan?
Good.:p

Sincerely,
Kevin B.

Eddie
12-22-2008, 01:07 PM
Hey Kelvin,

Welcome back and if you honestly need help on which way to go...you won't be getting any suggestions on something other than Discus. Hence the name....SimplyDiscus. LOL :D

Goodluck with the king of the aquarium if you go that route.

Eddie

Diskboy12
12-22-2008, 01:36 PM
I know hahaha....all the saltwater and planted forums I'm also a part of lead me the way of theirs..lol.

I do miss my discus....just gunna have to see what the finances say. =p