PDA

View Full Version : 2 months later

Eddie
12-28-2008, 08:01 AM
Just wanted to post pics of my heckel crosses after 2 months. The first 2 pictures were taken 2 months ago. The last 3 were taken today. ;)

Eddie

Hattawi
12-28-2008, 08:18 AM
Beautiful :) They changed alot in 2 months time.

kirkp
12-28-2008, 08:31 AM
Looking good Eddie! Any update on the potential spawn with the heckel?

Kirk

Eddie
12-28-2008, 08:31 AM
Beautiful They changed alot in 2 months time.

Thanks, it's hard to tell when I watch them everyday but then I look at the first pictures. These guys are growing like weeds. They are catching my heckels QUICK!

Eddie
12-28-2008, 08:34 AM
Looking good Eddie! Any update on the potential spawn with the heckel?

Hey Kirk, still just wishing, they got more growing to do anyways. I'll get back with more updates in a few months. If anything happens before that, you'll be the first to hear about it. ;)

Eddie

aquadiva
12-28-2008, 08:43 AM
Eddie, They look lovely! :gorgeous: They certainly have grown and I must say your tank looks perfectly clean! Great job! :fish:
Anna:angel:

Eddie
12-28-2008, 08:50 AM
Eddie, They look lovely! They certainly have grown and I must say your tank looks perfectly clean! Great job!

Thanks Anna. The daily 90% WCs are definitely doing wonders for the tank and the fish. ;)

aquadiva
12-28-2008, 08:58 AM
Wow, 90% water changes daily? :shocked: You are making me look bad! :angry:LOL! I do 50% daily and sometimes every other day depending upon my schedule. Do your Discus stress at all during those large changes or do they seem to like it? They certainly look good! :fish: No wonder your tank is spotless!

Anna:sun:

TankWatcher
12-28-2008, 09:01 AM
Good Work Eddie, they look great.

Eddie
12-28-2008, 09:07 AM
They certainly look good!
Thanks

Wow, 90% water changes daily? Do your Discus stress at all during those large changes or do they seem to like it?

Yup, 90% now but for the first month I only 50% daily because I wasn't sure what my water bill was gonna be like LOL. After I got my first bill, it wasn't much so I just empty out 90% now, enough to keep the discus standing. They love it, good clean water everyday. It's easy as all hell too. My tank is near a window so I just siphon the water directly out the window using a 1in diameter tube. It literally takes 1-2 minutes to empty it out. ;) Filling is another story, probably 5 or 10 with my python. I have crappy water pressure :o

Eddie

Eddie
12-28-2008, 09:09 AM
Good Work Eddie, they look great.

Thanks Robyn, really appreciate it. :)

Eddie

aquadiva
12-28-2008, 09:12 AM
Thanks

Yup, 90% now but for the first month I only 50% daily because I wasn't sure what my water bill was gonna be like LOL. After I got my first bill, it wasn't much so I just empty out 90% now, enough to keep the discus standing. They love it, good clean water everyday. It's easy as all hell too. My tank is near a window so I just siphon the water directly out the window using a 1in diameter tube. It literally takes 1-2 minutes to empty it out. ;) Filling is another story, probably 5 or 10 with my python. I have crappy water pressure :o

Eddie

That does sound easy! We are in the middle of winter here so I cannot syphon outdoors, too cold! We don't have the greatest water pressure either so it takes awhile to fill my tank back up. I have that neat water changing unit by Jehmco which makes siphoning pretty simple for me.

Anna

Eddie
12-28-2008, 09:17 AM
I have that neat water changing unit by Jehmco which makes siphoning pretty simple for me.

I'll have to check it out, maybe need to get that going for my 2 each 30s.

Eddie

Eddie
12-28-2008, 10:06 AM
Pics of the full tank with my man made trees.;)

vera
12-28-2008, 10:37 AM
Great fishand great set up Eddie:thumbsup:
How old are they now and was it mom or dad Heckel?

Ed13
12-28-2008, 10:38 AM
Looks really good Eddie!

Eddie
12-28-2008, 11:24 AM
Great fishand great set up Eddie
How old are they now and was it mom or dad Heckel?

Thanks Vera, just trying to have nice fish like yours ;)

I wish I knew how old they were, didn't raise them from fry. I think the heckel crosses are about 3-4 months old. The heckels in the tank were acquired later in hopes that the crosses would breed with them. I'll keep my hopes up :)

Looks really good Eddie!

Thanks Ed, I try my best.

Eddie

vera
12-28-2008, 11:28 AM
Well done Eddie
Good luck with breeding and thank u:wave: