PDA

View Full Version : What Is It?

mmorris
12-31-2008, 10:10 AM
I'd like to find a couple more of these because I suspect the two I have are the same sex. The fish were sold to me as albino snakeskins but I wonder if that is correct. What do you think?

GaryMercado_32
12-31-2008, 10:35 AM
Seems like Albino Golden to me,... heheh

brewmaster15
12-31-2008, 10:37 AM
Hi Martha,
They look alot like Golden albinos, but do have snakeskin traits...The one to the back has the fine pattern on the Gill plate associated with snakeskins and the one to the forefront has what looks like fine striations in the fins...again often snakeskin trait.

maybe a golden Albino Snakeskin cross?

hth,
al

Hattawi
12-31-2008, 10:38 AM
How old are these? They are really beautiful.

mmorris
12-31-2008, 10:42 AM
Thanks guys. I thought Golden Albino because I wasn't sure the pattern belonged to only snakeskin. Sounds like it might be difficult to find another! What would you recommend crossing them with? Golden Albino?
Thanks, Hatt, they are less than a year and have some growing to do yet.

Eddie
01-01-2009, 02:59 AM
I know what those are.....

AWESOME, just plain AWESOME!!!!! ;)

Eddie

mmorris
01-01-2009, 10:32 AM
Awe thanks! Upon closer observation they may not be the same sex but we'll see.

Eddie
01-01-2009, 10:37 AM
Oh man, if they have babies, that will be a dream. I'd have to fly over and pick up some if you sell them!

Eddie

mmorris
01-01-2009, 12:40 PM
Oh man, if they have babies, that will be a dream. I'd have to fly over and pick up some if you sell them!

Eddie

:D

mmorris
01-01-2009, 02:28 PM
it was stated the females would not get full body snakeskin striations/patterns. The males would be fully or close to having full patterned bodies. Hope this helps

I haven't heard this. I know it isn't true with the non-albino snakeskins so this is interesting. Can you tell me where it is stated? Many thanks.

mmorris
01-01-2009, 06:07 PM
Well, a link would have been useful! LOL time will tell, perhaps.

dpt8
01-01-2009, 07:35 PM
Hi, Those fish look just like my golden albinos. I have males and females and he pattern is the same on both. My golden albinos are about 2 years old now. They seem to mature slower than non albinos. Looks like a pair of mine pictured in my avatar but you never know until they actually breed. David T

mmorris
01-01-2009, 11:51 PM
Hi, Those fish look just like my golden albinos. I have males and females and he pattern is the same on both. My golden albinos are about 2 years old now. They seem to mature slower than non albinos. Looks like a pair of mine pictured in my avatar but you never know until they actually breed. David T

Is the pattern fine-lined like mine? Like I said, it was the ss-type lines (and the fact that I had ordered albino ss) that confused me. If they are `just' golden albinos then that's fine. I love the color and pattern. When you say yours mature slower do you mean they mate at an older age than other varieties or they grow slowly? Do you have any breeding pairs?

dpt8
01-02-2009, 06:46 PM
Hmmm.. Maybe you'll come to the meeting now to see my golden albinos !!! hehe The markings on the face of your fish do look like mine. In any case, the albinos grow slower and mature, breed, later than the others IMO. David T

mmorris
01-02-2009, 06:54 PM
Mine are growing slower. Hmmm, might have to! Perhaps I can get you to part with one or two....:gorgeous: