PDA

View Full Version : Watering house plants

dpt8
01-01-2009, 07:41 PM
Does anyone water their houseplants with their tank water on a regular basis ?? I use Aquasafe to declorinate my tank water and was wondering if that would have any adverse effects on my houseplants ( begonias). Thanks, David T

Gordon C. Snelling
01-01-2009, 08:11 PM
I use tank water whenever I think about it. Never had any trouble over the years of doing it.

Regalis
01-01-2009, 08:11 PM
YES!!

It is the best stuff to use in my opinion I use it on all my plants (bonsai, ficus, etc.)

The plants really like the stuff. Its a great way to use your old water too!

Eddie
01-01-2009, 08:30 PM
Oh yeah, plenty! The house plants love it.

Eddie

Darrell Ward
01-01-2009, 09:25 PM
I don't have houseplants in my current house because of light levels. I drain tank water to the lawn. In summer, my lawn stays very thick and green where the tank water soaks it.

Patr1ck
01-02-2009, 04:05 AM
Does anyone water their houseplants with their tank water on a regular basis ?? I use Aquasafe to declorinate my tank water and was wondering if that would have any adverse effects on my houseplants ( begonias). Thanks, David T

I would say to do it. Aquasafe is ok for aquatic plants and so imo it must be ok for house plants.

P

dpt8
01-02-2009, 09:03 AM
Thanks everyone for your responses !! David T

ashaysathe
01-02-2009, 10:52 AM
Hi David,

We have done it and do not do it anymore. We watered our plants and for us because of winter we can't open windows et al for ventilation in winter. WHat we noticed was (dunno why - may be food, ammonia from fish?) thse tiny "black flies" in the pot. Although its not a big deal but that was the observation.
We spray Raid insect killer on the pot soil - cause no harm to plants but the flies go away and they come back. Hence we stopped it.

Let me know what you find.

Ashay