PDA

View Full Version : Discus wanted in Indianapolis area

born2lovefish
01-07-2009, 06:54 PM
I am looking for about 10 discus or a few less or few more depending on prices and strains. Let me know what you have! Thanks.

cyang
01-12-2009, 11:43 AM
I'm from indy as well. Just buy them from Mike Beals (Central Ohio Discus) who is a sponsor on this site. It's only like $50 for shipping. I don't think there are any breeders (even hobbyist breeders) within 3-4 hours of Indianapolis. No pet stores carry any discus that aren't sick/dying. Either way you look at it, you're probably going to have to get them shipped...

I've bought from Mike before and he is a great guy. You can also try Rocky Mt. Discus in southern indiana. About the same distance from Indy as Mike is though (3-4 hrs). Also, I've never ordered from Rock Mountain Discus.

Hope this helps.

born2lovefish
01-12-2009, 09:18 PM
Thanks so much for the reply. I actually am planning to get them from Chris at windycitydiscus sometime when I can get up there on a weekend. Anyone on here every bought from him?

Porkchop
01-13-2009, 12:16 AM
http://forum.simplydiscus.com/forumdisplay.php?f=110

Go through the threads in this link, I hope this answers your questions. If not give him a call on the weekends or after 6pm during the week. Or if there is anything I can help you with, just let me know.

I live 2 minutes from Chris and he is very helpful to me. I probably go there almost every other week, even if I don't buy fish lol. Ken that lives in Naperville, IL, has spent 30 minutes on the phone with him about various stuff. Scott who lives in Gilberts, IL, I believe is a good friend of his. A believe bunch of his Discus came from Chris as well (maybe Scott can verify this if he gets back on here).

Anthony

born2lovefish
01-17-2009, 12:06 AM
Thanks a ton. I actually already spoke with Chris and am hoping to make it up there some weekend. The biggest pain is I am back to college now so it is hard finding a weekend to get up there. Oh and no I am not keeping discus on campus. I live at home and commute, which saves me money and allows me to still have lots of tanks....

Wahter
01-17-2009, 02:24 AM
http://www.rockymountaindiscus.com/

is about 3 hours from Indianapolis.

I've gotten nice fish from Al before (via a friend).

Walter