PDA

View Full Version : couple shots after my WC

Eddie
01-11-2009, 08:56 AM
Took the blue background off and have been running my new canister for a day now. It's the heat! My fish love it. I just wanted to bust a few shots just after my WC. Enjoy

TankWatcher
01-11-2009, 09:11 AM
That looks really nice Eddie? The sand is so white - is it pool filter sand, or something else? Nice piece of driftwood too & of course, your discus are beautiful.

What made you take the blue background off. Not saying it doesn't look nice now, but just wondering why? Is that the wall we can see through the tank? If it is, it doesn't make a bad background. Seems to be just the right colour :thumbsup:

Eddie
01-11-2009, 09:19 AM
Thanks Robyn.

It is pool filter sand. It probably looks so white since I had just cleaned the tank.

Well, when I hooked up the canister yesterday I took down the blue background and decided to leave it since it gave a different look. It is the wall in the back, I like it.

Here is the same tank but with the flash.

Eddie

kirkp
01-11-2009, 09:41 AM
Eddie,

Very nice looking tank. Fish look great (especially the heckels). Can't find anything to criticize here buddy. What kind of plants are those?

Kirk

Eddie
01-11-2009, 09:46 AM
Eddie,

Very nice looking tank. Fish look great (especially the heckels). Can't find anything to criticize here buddy. What kind of plants are those?

Kirk

Thanks Kirk

They are really large anubias. Got them for a STEAL! I had them tied down to some driftwood but I did some reading about how heckels like floating plants. There aren't too many in the LFS around here so I decided to float the anubias. They do give them alot of cover and I like the look of them. The discus just weave through them nice and easy. The strange thing is that I read abubias only sprout leaves like once a month. I am not sure what is in the water here but it's more like 1 new leaf a week on every plant!

Eddie

mikel
01-11-2009, 10:01 AM
Hay Eddie: Great looking set of tanks! I can see you are into that wild look!!!;) I love the beautiful sand and them healthy discus plates...mike:D

TankWatcher
01-11-2009, 10:01 AM
Lucky that wall is just the right colour :thumbsup:

My wall is the standard cream colour (boring). It would not look very nice at all without a background, but yours looks really nice.

I have pool filter sand too (silica based)

Eddie
01-11-2009, 10:26 AM
Hay Eddie: Great looking set of tanks! I can see you are into that wild look!!!;) I love the beautiful sand and them healthy discus plates...mike:D

Thanks Mike, got more to set-up too. I just finished painting my new 55 to go under the current 55 and I am building a stand to hold two of my 29 gallons. Then I will be building another stand to hold two more 55s. ;)

Eddie

Eddie
01-11-2009, 10:28 AM
Lucky that wall is just the right colour :thumbsup:

My wall is the standard cream colour (boring). It would not look very nice at all without a background, but yours looks really nice.

I have pool filter sand too (silica based)

Yeah, it does look nice. The wife likes it too, she says it gives the tank depth. I like it when the wife likes my discus madness. The pool filter sand is so good. The first person to start using that stuff is a complete genius. I tip my hat to that person for sure.

Eddie

Porkchop
01-11-2009, 01:38 PM
Tank looks good, Eddie! Looks like you just set it up lol.

I would take the blue background off of my tank but the wall is dark green behind it lol. I just bought light blue poster board from Walgreens the other day for my 25 gallon. It was $1.19 for one sheet of 22x28. My 25 gallon was 18x24 so I just cut it to fit. I was thinking about getting two more to put on my 55 gallon because it looks REALLY nice!!! I'm just worried about seeing the center line.

Anthony

FLGirl1977
01-11-2009, 01:53 PM
Nice fish Ed! I love how clean your tank looks... keep up the great work! :)

Absolute Angels
01-11-2009, 02:19 PM
Nice tank!! The fish look great...love that clean water :)

~Stacy

Eddie
01-11-2009, 09:58 PM
Thanks Anthony Renee and Stacy.

All my fish are LFS so I do what I can with whats avail to me. Been raising them well too. At least an inch a month in growth. Those little BDs you see were only about 2 inches last month now they are pushing 3-3.5.

Thanks again for the comments.

Eddie

Joshcat
01-11-2009, 09:59 PM
Wow Eddie, great tank and those heckels are gorgeous! Very nice looking fish...

Cathy

Eddie
01-11-2009, 10:08 PM
Wow Eddie, great tank and those heckels are gorgeous! Very nice looking fish...

Cathy

Thanks Cathy, I appreciate the comments.

Have a nice evening
Eddie

Darren's Discus
01-11-2009, 10:11 PM
Eddie,
fish and tank look great,thanks for sharing.

cheers

Eddie
01-11-2009, 10:18 PM
Eddie,
fish and tank look great,thanks for sharing.

cheers

;) Thank you Darren

Porkchop
01-11-2009, 10:22 PM
Those little BDs you see were only about 2 inches last month now they are pushing 3-3.5.
Eddie

WOW, what are you feeding them and how often? I pretty much feed my fish 5 to 7 times a day or even when I walk by my tank and I don't feel as if my fish are growing as fast as they should. Well, my little guys are but my RM, WB, and Golden don't. I know they've grown but just don't feel as if they are growing as fast as they should.

Current foods...

Hikkari FBW's
Hikkari BS
Sally's Beefheart
New Life Spectrum (Cichlid Formula)
Omega One First Flake
O.S.I. Discus Flake Food

Some of them eat everything, and some of them just some...

Eddie
01-11-2009, 10:32 PM
WOW, what are you feeding them and how often? I pretty much feed my fish 5 to 7 times a day or even when I walk by my tank and I don't feel as if my fish are growing as fast as they should. Well, my little guys are but my RM, WB, and Golden don't. I know they've grown but just don't feel as if they are growing as fast as they should.

Honestly, every time there bellies return to normal. I feed them close to 10 times a day. Now...that is just my way and may not be the right way. My fish go bananas over my seafood mix and it's loaded with vitamins and tuna/salmon. Another thing, the water gets pretty fouled over 24 hours so I do 90% WCs everyday. ;)

Eddie

big mike 13
01-11-2009, 11:28 PM
beautiful tank

rickztahone
01-12-2009, 01:27 AM
your tank looks great Eddie. i have gone back and forth so many times about the sand that i'd rather not think about it. i just painted the bottom of my 55 QT a light brown, sand color paint and i must say it came out great. i will post up a picture soon so that people who want to do BB have options as far as color. the wilds look great btw

-Ricardo

Mr Wild
01-12-2009, 04:09 AM
Hi Eddie
Love your tank and the sand! How do you clean it? Doesn't it just suck up the syphon? Or is thwere a trick to it?:D

Eddie
01-12-2009, 05:02 AM
Thanks Mike, Ricardo and Kath.

I do like the sand, its a little tedious to clean but I get it done. Actually I hold the siphon slightly above the sand to get the large parts. I then stop siphoning, move all the sand around to get everything floating, and then just empty the tank. I do 90% WCs so that helps. ;)

Eddie