PDA

View Full Version : Perfectionist R U?

Eddie
01-13-2009, 05:23 AM
Hey all,

I just wanted to see what ratio of Discus enthusiasts/breeders were perfectionists. Are you a perfectionist?

I know I am, the wife calls it A+null, NIT PICKY and few other not so nice words! I like to call it....good :D

Lets see who else is....
Eddie

brewmaster15
01-13-2009, 08:57 AM
I'm not a perfectionist... I used to be one... now I am an excessively enthusiastic realist.. :)

-al

01-13-2009, 09:05 AM
I suffer from a form, of ADD so aspiring to be more observant is for me,,,a more realistic goal. I do tend to dote over the fish in my charge which draws some strange ,if not indifferent ,looks from girlfiend.

Diamond Discus
01-13-2009, 12:54 PM
I'm not a perfectionist... I used to be one... now I am an excessively enthusiastic realist.. :)

-al
Yah, what he said!!

Peachtree Discus
01-13-2009, 01:05 PM
i tend to be a bit of a perfectionist if i am writing code. you would be amazed at how much effort i can put into writing a comment :computer:. i am no longer a perfectionist when it comes to discus. enuf breeders & growouts changed that :juggle:

Eddie
01-13-2009, 06:20 PM
Hmmmmm.....I know there is more out there, just not admitting it. The first indication.....denial. :D

LOL
Eddie

Roxanne
01-13-2009, 08:51 PM
Perfectionist? Yeah,:) BC (before children):(, but you get to the point where you realise you're own poop DOES stink, life is not perfect, children are not perfect, people are not perfect and even people who think they are perfect, are not(sorry Eddie:D)...and, that for all the times you wipe poopy/vomit off toilet seats, walls, and your own clothes, find rotting banana in your shoes AFTER you put them on, and find unidentifiable forms of life in their pockets and under/in their beds/school bags, you cannot help but become a cynical realist who pines to be the optimistic idealist again who wanted to change the world, but now can't even change her own life!!.....you know the scene in that movie where Michelle Pfeiffer's character's kid ruins her artwork & her clothes? THAT'S ME!!! At least SHE got to kiss George Clooney!

Rox

Eddie
01-13-2009, 09:43 PM
Oh I know the movie. Okay, maybe you can't be a perfectionist all the time but you must have perfectionist tendencies when it comes to your work. Especially my fish! ;)

Eddie

Armandi_Fishcarer
01-16-2009, 10:34 PM
Hi all :)

I myself 'try' & strive to be a perfectionist in our hobby although don't really know if I will call myself 1 yet. It takes time, observation,commitment & the No.1 of all is patients. :D

I think Perfection in our hobby should be a high standard, as to ensure the survival of it.

Perfectionist should come firstly from the fish farms, breeders, then & formost the LFS's that display the stock infront of 1000's of the communters in each area they sell in.

The correct advice given & recieved makes people see outside as well as within the boundries of the circle. :D

Regards
Ahmed ;)

Eddie
01-16-2009, 10:47 PM
Exactly, isn't that what a perfectionist is, a standard each person has for themselves. What one person believes to be perfect, another doesn't. I believe in this hobby, everyone strives to be the best...for themselves!

Eddie

frenchie100
01-16-2009, 11:25 PM
Roxanne! That is exactly my life right now!! I am naturally a perfectionist and can't keep up with my 2 toddlers and it drives me CRAZY! Then I take on more and more responsibilities and my husband says I am running myself into the ground. I loved the rotten bananas story, so true! The other day I was just telling my neighbor who was over my house that I didn't understand why it smelled like strawberries in the toy box. 5 minutes later I found a bag of rotting kiwis in there!!!! Then I remembered that the kids had "helped" me put groceries away the week before!!

GrillMaster
01-16-2009, 11:31 PM
Perfectionist? Yeah,:) BC (before children):(, but you get to the point where you realise you're own poop DOES stink, life is not perfect, children are not perfect, people are not perfect and even people who think they are perfect, are not(sorry Eddie:D)...and, that for all the times you wipe poopy/vomit off toilet seats, walls, and your own clothes, find rotting banana in your shoes AFTER you put them on, and find unidentifiable forms of life in their pockets and under/in their beds/school bags, you cannot help but become a cynical realist who pines to be the optimistic idealist again who wanted to change the world, but now can't even change her own life!!.....you know the scene in that movie where Michelle Pfeiffer's character's kid ruins her artwork & her clothes? THAT'S ME!!! At least SHE got to kiss George Clooney!

Rox

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm....I am thinkin ya dont have enough tanks!! ;) :D :D

Btw...Tell the kids to snap to!! :D :D

frenchie100
01-16-2009, 11:36 PM
I think in this hobby it is particularly important to try to be a perfectionist because if you are not your fish will show signs of it.

My reason behind being a perfectionist is because I really want all my pets to live long healthy lives, and would feel horrible guilt if anything happened to them because of my lack of care. For example: I also have an iguana that soaks in the bathtub for 1/2 hour every morning and gets fresh greens and veggies every day. I don't HAVE to do that, some people feed them pellets, but there are also a lot of iguanas that die @ age 5 from renal failure. I want my ig to live into his teens so I am going to try my best for that to happen.

That's why I am a perfectionist...:p

GrillMaster
01-16-2009, 11:46 PM
I guess I am not a perfectionist... I have alot of discus and I take care of them but my wife, kids, and grandkids come first! I am a perfectionist with them, at least I try ta be. :)

The Discus come second, though they are pretty well cared for! :D

Graham
01-16-2009, 11:51 PM
I gave up driving my fish nuts a long time ago....Mother Nature doesn't fuss over them as much as we do.

In a lot of cases we cause more problems than we ever fix

frenchie100
01-16-2009, 11:59 PM
Well yeah, my kids and maybe my husband ;) come first before my pets. Inside I am an asbolute perfectionist but because kids create so much chaos ( a good chaos!) in your everday life, I have less time to cater to my perfectionist tendencies.
Everyday I prioritize on what needs to be taken care of:
first kids
second pets
third plants
fourth house work
fifth bills

Wow, this is really hard to explain into words...:o

Eddie
01-17-2009, 12:02 AM
Your are right Graham, just like your signature...makes sense.

And definitely the wife and kids come first but when it's fish time...they get the awesome care!

Eddie

frenchie100
01-17-2009, 12:40 AM
My reason behind being a perfectionist is because I really want all my pets to live long healthy lives, and would feel horrible guilt if anything happened to them because of my lack of care.

I have to add that the same quote above, first and foremost, goes for my kids, they eat organic, eat lots of fruits and veggies, don't eat any candy, brush their teeth twice a day, get tons of exercise everyday, even if they are both less than 3.5 years old.

Same for my husband, I want him to be healthy and live a long life. I don't ever want to see him suffer from an ailement that I could have prevented. But there's a more selfish reason, I don't want him dying before me and be a little old lady all by myself LOL.

Thought we were just talking about our perfectionism relating to our animals. Sorry!

At some point though, when you are a perfectionist you have to learn to let certain things go and find a balance.

Roxanne
01-17-2009, 01:09 AM
I gave up driving my fish nuts a long time ago.....

:Dlololol:D