PDA

View Full Version : Do you give your discus vitamins?

Mello
01-14-2009, 04:23 AM
Im just wondering if anybody here gives there discus some sort of vitamins to enhance their colors? Besides feeding flakes and pellets with color enhancers do they have a liquid form of enhancer? Its very hard for me to get all of my discus to eat pellet and flake. Thinking of adding vitamins in their food to enhance their colors.

Eddie
01-14-2009, 05:03 AM
Im just wondering if anybody here gives there discus some sort of vitamins to enhance their colors? Besides feeding flakes and pellets with color enhancers do they have a liquid form of enhancer? Its very hard for me to get all of my discus to eat pellet and flake. Thinking of adding vitamins in their food to enhance their colors.

I had centrum liquid vitamins to my mix. There is much to be debated about whether or not typical vitamins used by humans can be utilized/processed by fish. I add it anyways, do I know if it's making any difference, no...but I add it anyways. ;)

Eddie

Triadtropz
01-14-2009, 09:47 AM
if you make your own beefheart, you can take b-100 tablets. and pulverize them and add it to the mixture. I did it when i bred discus years back,..the fish had great growth and were never sick,..the b vitamins are great for discus,.

Porkchop
01-14-2009, 01:30 PM
If I knew how to make my own Beef Heart, I would add vitamins. Anything I could do to help their growth and keep them healthy is far worth it in my eyes.

Anthony

Tavio
01-14-2009, 01:46 PM
What about Vitamic C. I know its used in salt water to help aid the fish's immune system. Could it be used for Discus?

Mello
01-14-2009, 03:43 PM
discus essential does that thing work?

kenhappen2u
01-14-2009, 04:21 PM
when i was making my own food years ago i would use liquid baby multi vitamins. dont know it if really helped but its what the recipe called for .
i heard that feeding discus banana's is the best food/vitamin you could give them ... is there any truth to this? do banana's have vit. B ?

Ken

Eddie
01-14-2009, 07:04 PM
when i was making my own food years ago i would use liquid baby multi vitamins. dont know it if really helped but its what the recipe called for .
i heard that feeding discus banana's is the best food/vitamin you could give them ... is there any truth to this? do banana's have vit. B ?

Ken

I don't know Ken but banana is the binder in my seafood mix and my discus go bananas over it!

;)

Mr Wild
01-14-2009, 07:06 PM
Oh yes I would like to know that too! Bananas eh? Well if it is good for them I would give it a try. I have 1 discus that hovers over the cucumber I put in the tank for my BN's he picks at it for hours! Perhaps he would like banana as well!mmmmm:)

Peachtree Discus
01-14-2009, 07:26 PM
bananas and vitamins in their food mix.