PDA

View Full Version : How bad is peppering on Pigeon Bloods?

CammieTime
01-14-2009, 01:41 PM
Does peppering affect them at all? Is it just aesthetically displeasing? Why is it bad?

marnold
01-14-2009, 01:57 PM
I have a pb and it has very very light pepper on it.It does not at all take away from the look of this particular fish.I have though seen very peppered Pb's.

Don Trinko
01-14-2009, 02:01 PM
for a purest or contester it would be considered bad. The backgound and gravel (if you have any) colors effect the pepering. For me if the peppering does not any particular pattern I don't mind it. Don T.

CammieTime
01-14-2009, 02:05 PM
for a purest or contester it would be considered bad. The backgound and gravel (if you have any) colors effect the pepering. For me if the peppering does not any particular pattern I don't mind it. Don T.

So it is not like a disease, or bad for the fish, it's just unwanted coloration on the fish?

Don Trinko
01-14-2009, 02:09 PM
Pigion blood strains were originaly a mutation. The pepering is the equivalent of the bars on other discus. It will get lighter and darker depending on their mood, background, lighting etc. It is not a disease, it part of their natural coloration. Some consider it an undesirable trait but most pigeon blood have it to some degree. Don t.

Eddie
01-14-2009, 08:50 PM
Well, I will add that if you have a pigeon blood strain that does show peppering, it will certainly pepper up ALOT if it is sick. As Don said, their mood...so if it stressed, it will show much more peppering.

Eddie

ShinShin
01-15-2009, 12:09 AM
There are Asian strains of PB that are pepper-free.

Mat