PDA

View Full Version : Sickness or injury?

Sportsnutim
01-19-2009, 11:47 AM
I unfortunately I don't have a sick tank and my camera kicked the bucket. I have two tanks one the (55 gal) has the most fish 4 discus, 2 tiger loaches, 7 tetras, and 2 farlowellas. The para's are fine 6.4 ph, ammonia 0, nitrates 0, and nitrites 0. I change the water twice a week. This is the tank that has a discus that has and injury. The other tank is 38 gal and has a pair of discus that mate when they feel like it. The para's are fine in that tank also. The one that isn't acting right is real listless, not eating moving slow has what looks like it is infected, and kind of red. Until I get a 10 gal sick tank what options do I have? I have heard small amounts of salt which is monitored and raising the tank temp can help. Any advice would help.:(

pcsb23
01-22-2009, 06:29 AM
... The one that isn't acting right is real listless, not eating moving slow has what looks like it is infected, and kind of red. Until I get a 10 gal sick tank what options do I have? I have heard small amounts of salt which is monitored and raising the tank temp can help. Any advice would help.:(Very few. Make sure the water is clean, up the frequency of w/c and wipe the tank surfaces down. If there is no improvement then it should be qt'd where it can be treated without exposing the other to meds.

01-22-2009, 11:48 AM
I have used rubbermaid tubs for quarantine or sick tanks in a pinch.

acroken
01-22-2009, 12:03 PM
as Paul said and up the temp slowly to 90 deg. That will increase metabolism and hopefully get it eating and active again. What do you mean "red"?