PDA

View Full Version : Hello from a New Member - New Castle, PA

Tubaman
01-23-2009, 09:22 PM
Hello All!
My name is Lew. I live in New Castle, PA. I gave up keeping Discus about 6 years ago because I had to move into a temporary location for 6 months before moving into the house I own now. Then restarting with Discus was delayed due to the extra job that was needed to keep up with the mortgage. Words cannot describe my excitement that my Discus will be arriving Tuesday.
I have been preparing myself for several weeks. I read Jack Wattleys Book "Discus for the Perfectionist" cover to cover twice and searched the internet for as much info as I could find to make sure I'm ready. I was just about to place my Discus order with Somethingsphishy.com when I found this site and read about what some others had experienced with them. I then sent them an email simply stating my concern that I know that there are people unhappy with them but their website shows only 5 star comments. The response I got from them was a carbon copy of a response I read in this forum that had been posted a year and a half ago. I quickly changed my mind about placing that order and began searching the Simply Discus sponsors. I ordered from Backyard Discus and will have them Tuesday.
Thank You so much to the people who put together and maintain this site. I have found a lot of helpful information here.

Eddie
01-23-2009, 09:28 PM
Welcome to Simply Tubaman and it sounds like you are off to great start going with one of the sponsors!

Hope you enjoy your new discus when they arrive as I am sure you will.

Take care and posts pictures of your tank when you get the fish settled. Everybody loves pictures. ;)

Eddie

philip69285
01-24-2009, 12:55 AM
You will enjoy the discus from backyard discus. I know I love mine :). Going to be ordering more from theirnew shipment arriving next month. Glad you are back to discus keeping... its a great hobby for me.

dpt8
01-24-2009, 06:21 AM
Hey Tubaman, Great to have you aboard. We have more in common that discus because I too am a music teacher. Brass teacher/ elem. and middle band director for Dartmouth, Ma. plus play trumpet and conuct choirs.. we'll have to talk someday.. Good luck with your new passion !!! David T

poconogal
01-24-2009, 08:56 AM
Welcome to SD from the Poconos! Thankfully you did not order from somethingsphishy. There's plenty of info here on the forum and lots of knowledgeable experienced Discus keepers for any help you need.

Ed13
01-24-2009, 04:45 PM
Welcome to Simply! Have you ever dodge a bigger bullet? lol:)

Love PA, btw