PDA

View Full Version : newbie needs to know best site for supplies

clairel
01-29-2009, 12:29 AM
can anyone recommend the best place(s) to shop for Eheim heaters, fluval filters and aqua clear 110's...thx...

Porkchop
01-29-2009, 12:32 AM
This link should help you out...

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?t=67494

Anthony

Eddie
01-29-2009, 01:05 AM
can anyone recommend the best place(s) to shop for Eheim heaters, fluval filters and aqua clear 110's...thx...

For Eheim heaters, you can't beat Petguys.com or Jehmco. They are hands down the best price for Eheim Jager heaters.

I know petguys also sells fluval filters but never payed any attention to the cost.

Eddie

clairel
01-29-2009, 02:26 AM
yup...that thread covers it...thx!...C.

KDodds
01-29-2009, 09:12 AM
If you're buying many things at once, it usually pays to go with one vendor to cut down on shipping costs. I've found that, while they may be higher in price on some things, you'll generally get the best value in a semi-largish order from Drs. F&S.

Porkchop
01-29-2009, 01:18 PM
If you're buying many things at once, it usually pays to go with one vendor to cut down on shipping costs. I've found that, while they may be higher in price on some things, you'll generally get the best value in a semi-largish order from Drs. F&S.

The only problem I found with this is, most online places don't carry EVERYTHING that you want to order. That's where the multiple orders have to come in. I'm making an order some time in the next few weeks and I've spent some time searching so I'm going to pick one site and just do away with the stuff I want that they don't have.

Anthony

KDodds
01-29-2009, 02:33 PM
That's why I mentioned Drs. F&S, they have the widest selection of goods.

Darrell Ward
01-29-2009, 04:01 PM
Just a tip, if you normally get stuff from Drs.F&S, you might want to check out www.petsolutions.com . They have most of the stuff that F&S have, with a lot of it at a lower price. It seems that F&S raised their prices on some stuff for 2009, and petsolutions did not.

KDodds
01-29-2009, 04:28 PM
True, I think Drs. F&S came more in line with competitive storefront retailers on a lot of things, although I don't know why. I did get some closeout T5s from Petsolutions a few months ago at a price that could not be beat, $60, 36" 2x39W. I think they're $70-80 now.

moik
01-29-2009, 10:04 PM
Kens Fish,, Has alot of differrent things for fish. From foods to hard to get meds.. Super nice to deal with and knows his products well. Pricing is very fair. Jehmco is another good source too. I deal with them both, very confident to suggest them to anyone.

Darrell Ward
01-29-2009, 10:38 PM
Kens Fish,, Has alot of differrent things for fish. From foods to hard to get meds.. Super nice to deal with and knows his products well. Pricing is very fair. Jehmco is another good source too. I deal with them both, very confident to suggest them to anyone.

I also recommend Jehmco. John is stand up guy, and sells quality products. I've never tried Ken's.

moik
01-29-2009, 11:43 PM
Look "Kens Fish" up on the internet and see what he has to your likings. Give him a call and go from there. Hope this helps.

Porkchop
01-30-2009, 02:44 AM
I also recommend Jehmco. John is stand up guy, and sells quality products. I've never tried Ken's.

I dislike the functioning of Jehmco's website, not sure why though. I went on it once, got annoyed and haven't went back.

Anthony

RichT
01-30-2009, 07:38 AM
I've used Jehmco many times and have nothing but good things to say about their products and service.

Rich

RainbowSnails
01-30-2009, 10:59 AM
Kens fish has a great deal on cascade canisters. $107 - they are $189 at our local pet store. I ordered mine from there 4 years ago and they are still going strong. I ordered 2 more for my sil 2 weeks ago.

They also have spirulina flakes and stuff at a great price and shipping is fast.

Terri

I forgot to mention that Jehmco has awesome driftwood. I've been a customer of theirs for 4-5 years. Their website is kind of hard to use though!

Darrell Ward
01-30-2009, 11:14 AM
I dislike the functioning of Jehmco's website, not sure why though. I went on it once, got annoyed and haven't went back.

Anthony

I never use the website. It's only used as reference anyway. I always just call, and tell him what I want. If you're not getting stuff there, then you missing out on some good prices and advice on quality stuff, a lot of it hard to find elsewhere.