PDA

View Full Version : What to do with old heater's

jimmyjoe
01-29-2009, 01:46 PM
Hello all, I have a bunch of ebo-jager heater's different wattage's. They really don't keep a good temperature's anymore, so is there anyway to fix them or should I just toss'em out. Also on old things, I have a python water hose that is way dirty from many years of use I think algae and just plain dirt it looks like in the hose. Is there any safe way to clean it up or just leave as is since it still does the job. Thanks Jim

yim11
01-29-2009, 01:57 PM
Personally I use the old heaters to heat my water storage tanks. I use more than 1 old one so I don't have to run either as high/hot.

I've heard a bleach solution or chlorinated water will clean a python.

HTHs,
-jim

kenhappen2u
01-29-2009, 02:01 PM
you can put the hose in your bathtub and use a cup of bleach and let it soak for 30 min , you can lift the hose to move the water around inside the hose , then rinse very well with hot/warm water while hooked up to your sink ,

Ken

William Palumbo
01-29-2009, 02:59 PM
As stated, old heaters are good for heating water barrels...fishless containers. I know of people who clean and take the old heaters, which usually cook fish to local fish meetings, auctions and swaps...which is why I never buy a used heater. I'll pass on those "sizzle sticks" Make sure if the heater is no good to throw it out...immediatley!..I have made the mistake of setting them aside, to only grab it again down the road when I needed one...Bill

Eddie
01-29-2009, 03:13 PM
As stated, old heaters are good for heating water barrels...fishless containers. I know of people who clean and take the old heaters, which usually cook fish to local fish meetings, auctions and swaps...which is why I never buy a used heater. I'll pass on those "sizzle sticks" Make sure if the heater is no good to throw it out...immediatley!..I have made the mistake of setting them aside, to only grab it again down the road when I needed one...Bill

Sizzle sticks huh Bill....thats a good one. Unfortunately I had my episode with a SS but it was due to my own error. :(

Eddie

jimmyjoe
01-29-2009, 09:25 PM
Thanks everyone, I guess I will toss them. They either don't heat at all or maybe to 70 degrees which doesn't do me any good. Also great info on my python, thanks again Jim.