PDA

View Full Version : A couple shots of my planted 110

DiscusDude85
01-29-2009, 07:42 PM
i

tacks
01-29-2009, 08:28 PM
Very nice Joe. other than wilds blues discus look great in a planted tank. Were in Fl. are you? Keep up the good work Ed

Eddie
01-29-2009, 08:37 PM
Nice tank Joe and beautiful fish! Great work!

Eddie

DiscusDude85
01-29-2009, 09:58 PM
Thank you, Ill be posting some more asap. Camera batteries died in the middle of taking some more shots.

Joe

TankWatcher
01-29-2009, 10:03 PM
Really nice. Thanks for sharing

Eddie
01-30-2009, 01:22 AM
Very nice Joe, great work!

rickztahone
01-30-2009, 04:10 AM
i want to have a lightly planted tank like yours. something that won't require any co2 but still looks nice. great job

DiscusDude85
01-30-2009, 06:48 AM
i want to have a lightly planted tank like yours. something that won't require any co2 but still looks nice. great job

Thanks all for the compliments. And yes my tank is very low tech i had co2 at one point but my plants grew TOO big. My amazons were growing out of the top of my last tank. Its been 6 months or so with no co2 and all the plants are doing great. Ive got some java fern, Cabomba carolina and of course amazon swords. All of wich i dont give any ferts just natural ferts(fishpoo). Ill post some more pics as time goes on. Ive got another batch of discus brewing right now some reds and a white diamond thanks again all.

Joe

DiscusDude85
01-30-2009, 08:43 PM
Very nice Joe. other than wilds blues discus look great in a planted tank. Were in Fl. are you? Keep up the good work Ed

Hey thanks. I'm located in deland, about 20 minutes west of daytona beach.

joe

rickztahone
01-31-2009, 03:38 AM
Thanks all for the compliments. And yes my tank is very low tech i had co2 at one point but my plants grew TOO big. My amazons were growing out of the top of my last tank. Its been 6 months or so with no co2 and all the plants are doing great. Ive got some java fern, Cabomba carolina and of course amazon swords. All of wich i dont give any ferts just natural ferts(fishpoo). Ill post some more pics as time goes on. Ive got another batch of discus brewing right now some reds and a white diamond thanks again all.

Joe

looks really nice. what type of lighting do you have? like i said, i want to do something like your setup but just thinking of the cleaning and such kind of deters me from it to be quite honest. i have a 125 BB as of now with just driftwood and some wisteria that grows no matter what (65w 10k bulbs in my 125)

DiscusDude85
01-31-2009, 08:07 AM
looks really nice. what type of lighting do you have? like i said, i want to do something like your setup but just thinking of the cleaning and such kind of deters me from it to be quite honest. i have a 125 BB as of now with just driftwood and some wisteria that grows no matter what (65w 10k bulbs in my 125)

Ive got standard fluro's i forgot the bulb type. Cleaning is kind of a headache, The tank stands taller than me!. I have to stand on one of our dinind room chairs in order to siphon all the mulm. I do 3-4 50 gallon wc's a week on the big tank. I designed my tank kinda spread out so that i'd be able to get into the tough to reach spots. Thanks again for the kind words.

Joe