PDA

View Full Version : Jehmco's Antiparasite Pellets

aquagal
01-29-2009, 09:19 PM
Has anyone ever used these floating pellets? They contain metro, prazi, and levamisole. Also, any way to make floating pellets sink?
Thanks.

moik
01-29-2009, 11:45 PM
Problably a very good med. pellet. Only problem is getting your fish to eat them.

MostlyDiscus
01-29-2009, 11:58 PM
Speak with John at Jehmco. He if very honest and will tell you if it works.

Ardan
01-30-2009, 06:01 PM
I have used them on Oscars and they did help expel some worms. I then used pure levamisole to help clear the fish of worms.
I have never used them on discus, nor do I know if they alone will clear out worms.

hth
Ardan

LizStreithorst
01-30-2009, 06:10 PM
I agree with Mostly. John is an honest guy an will tell you if he or his cosommers have had success with them on Discus.

My only concern is that metro generally takes a treatment time of a least a week on Discus, Prazi I don't remember but I think that it is a treatment conducted over several days, and levasol should be a one time thing.

Let me know.

aquagal
01-30-2009, 07:00 PM
I did talk w/ John at Jehmco and he recommended making my own medicated food. Nice guy.

dishpanhands
01-30-2009, 07:38 PM
I figured he would say that. with discus most of the time when you know they need the food they won't touch it...

chemjab
05-24-2009, 09:26 AM
I did talk w/ John at Jehmco and he recommended making my own medicated food. Nice guy.

Hi there,
I know this is an older post, but hope you will see it.
Did John give you instructions on making your own medicated food? Ratio of med to food etc?

I want to make my own paracite food.

Thanks
James