PDA

View Full Version : Feeling Lucky.

Discus-n00b
01-30-2009, 03:47 PM
Real lucky lol. This is the scene i awoke to this morning, you tell me whats wrong with this picture...I thought it was a reflection the sun coming in my room was making, or i thought i was still asleep dreaming. It took me about 3mins to realize what was going on.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c172/clemmatt/Discus/wowgg1.jpg

How does a 5.5-6" inch discus end up going from a 20gal with a heavy lid (and a light on top, which is what you see at the top of the pic) to a 5.5gal baby BN pleco tank during the night. Needless to say i freaked out first as my pleco tank does not stay anywhere close to the temp of my discus tanks, and then i just did a /facepalm for the discus giving me a laugh in the morning. Look at the amount of error he missed. A gap between tanks, an uncovered glass rim, and about 8" of water space to make it into. I'm glad i had that tank there.

He's doing fine now, i just simply scooped him out and back into his own room. I guess it is true, women can drive men insane and to do some crazy things. ;);)

William Palumbo
01-30-2009, 03:58 PM
Man you got lucky there!...Go now and play the Lottery!...Bill

FLGirl1977
01-30-2009, 04:08 PM
and they say fish are dumb animals... ;) LOL! :D

William Palumbo
01-30-2009, 05:40 PM
Matt...you should have known...if it's a showfish...or a breeder...it jumps!...Bill

Kristin
01-30-2009, 05:49 PM
that is amazing. you really are one lucky guy!!:angel:

rickztahone
01-30-2009, 06:10 PM
wow, he ks very fortunate. just make sure you figure out how he did it because next time there might not be a tank right next to him

MostlyDiscus
01-30-2009, 06:20 PM
Im surprised he didnt jump again when he hit the cold water. Give a 10 on his dive...:p

Jules4me
01-30-2009, 08:04 PM
And we shall call him...........Phelps, Michael.....Phelps (or Michelle). What a great story, Matt. So glad he made the dive into WATER:angel:. Beatiful fish, by the way. Thanks for sharing,
Jules

Discus-n00b
01-30-2009, 08:18 PM
Haha thanks everyone, he is a really nice fish. Both in the picture came from Hans.

He is doing just fine now back in his own room.

Eddie
01-30-2009, 11:25 PM
Haha thanks everyone, he is a really nice fish. Both in the picture came from Hans.

He is doing just fine now back in his own room.

That would have had me going loopy too. Had to be a sight to see if you would have been able to. Wonder how long he thought about it before he did it. (I can do it.....it will be a piece of cake.........hmm.........maybe not....if I miss, I don't know where the hell I'll end up) LOL

Eddie

Joshcat
01-30-2009, 11:32 PM
That is too funny, he's quite the acrobat! Maybe you can teach him to do tricks? He must have a fish:angel:watching over him.

Cathy

FLGirl1977
01-31-2009, 12:39 AM
Ya know what I really love about that picture... The female is looking down at the male... and looks ticked... while the male has this 'ha' look... :laugh:

j_li8
01-31-2009, 03:06 AM
If i woke up and saw that one of my fish wasnt in the tank that it's supposed to be in i would have jump out of bed so fast. Then i'd probably look left and right on the floor before in the tank next to it. Very lucky though indeed. What are you planning to do to prevent it again, bricks to secure the lid? if it got out of that then wow.

susantroy1
01-31-2009, 07:14 PM
And The Judge's Score: 9.5, 8.7, 8.8, 9.5, 9.5

Personally I'd Give em a 10 for style;)

Good catch Matt

All The Best

Troy

TJT
01-31-2009, 09:06 PM
Put your lids on your tank! i have a 25g tank that ive been keeping a 4.5" red blood pigon because he wasnt getting along with his other tank mates.

This morning i heard what sounded like a glass in my sink move or some type of glass kinda "clink". Didnt think of it layed in bed for about 3-4 more minutes. decided to get up. As usuale i was looking at my tanks in the living room... Where is my blood pigeon. I run over the tank witch is behind my couch look around, hes laying on the floor still. I thought oh no not another fish in 2 weeks. i go to pick him up and he flutters so i grabbed a net and got him in that and put him in the tank. I got so lucky i didnt go back to sleep, and i also got lucky he seems to be ok 12 hours later. He isnt eating much but hes swimming well and doesnt seem boothered. btw he must have hit a picture on the way down because there was a picture of my brother-in-law on the ground, probably had a problem with him or something. :)

Crazy couple days get your lids on, i have a lid on mine but i had it open where i feed maybe 4-5 inches for him to make it out, not only that today was my WC day so he had to jump at least 4-5 inchest to get out of the tank and over the lid.

Needless to say i didnt have time to take pictures, but it makes your story much better :D

Discus-n00b
01-31-2009, 09:12 PM
Haha it shocked me for sure.

Funny thing is, the tank has a top on it!

Roxanne
02-24-2009, 11:10 PM
Personally I'd Give em a 10 for style;)

Troy

Yes, and a 10 for accuracy.....:D

ruthie86
03-01-2009, 10:23 AM
That's nuts.

emjhay
03-16-2009, 06:55 AM
and they say fish are dumb animals... ;) LOL! :D

fish are not dumb they are "Schooling" fish lo0ls