PDA

View Full Version : fish size vs tank space?

nesser
01-31-2009, 04:25 PM
Hi there:D I'm new to Simply Discus and new to keeping discus.From some of my research on this site and others I put together a semi BB tank{BB with potted plants} with 6 discus approximately 3 months old. I do 75% w/c with agitated water , do lots of feedings and have an additional bio sponge bubbler.All has been working great except that my fish are growing out faster than i thought. At what point are they done growing out in the 55gal?What size of tank should i buy?Should I stay BB?......I Know I'm going discus crazy!

Graham
01-31-2009, 04:31 PM
Hi They won't stop growing and you don't want them too. A general rule of thumb is 10 gallons per fish so you're basically Ok with your current set up.

Watch the water and they should be fine....

Graham

Eddie
01-31-2009, 05:18 PM
Exactly what Graham said.

Your current set-up is just fine. 6 discus in a 55 gallon is comfortable. If you are getting them to grow out of that tank....I'd ask what are you feeding them and where did you get them! How about some pictures?

The next things you'll be worrying about, is where to put the pairs....and then the growout tanks. Then you will be asking about how to build your fish room and it just goes from there. ;)

Eddie

Roxanne
02-01-2009, 10:13 AM
..I Know I'm going discus crazy!

Sorry. you are already gone...like all of us;)...welcome to Simply:D