PDA

View Full Version : Looking for discus in western ny

Kristin
02-01-2009, 02:43 AM
We live in salamanca and it is hard to find discus locally. If anyone can help us please let me know, Thanks
Kris

marnold
02-01-2009, 11:39 AM
Order them from a sponsor.You very seldom see a quality healthy discus in a lfs.But if I were to buy from one it would be the fish place in north tonawanda.Not much of a discus selection but they are healthy.

Kristin
02-01-2009, 02:41 PM
How do you find a sponsor?

Eddie
02-01-2009, 03:32 PM
How do you find a sponsor?

These are all sponsors...;)

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42

Eddie

Chad Adams
02-13-2009, 10:01 PM
Kristen,
I live in Atlanta, but my wife is from Salamanca. Her brother is visiting until
Feb 17th from Salamanca. I have a few discus I am trying to sell. If you are
interested we can work something out. PM me, & we can talk. I can get you
some pics. They live on State Park Ave.
Chad

mikesmac
02-15-2009, 01:51 AM
Hi Kristen,

I have a lot of Discus and sell some occassionally, many of them are from sponsors here or fry from them that I raised. I'm in Silver Creek so it's not that far from you, it may take a couple of trips though because the majority are in my 600 gallon tank and it's not real easy catching them when they are awake.

Picking them out, and then coming back after I transfer them to an easier tank while they are sleeping works the best. I do have some in other smaller tanks so there is a chance something there might catch your eye, and currently have some fry that aren't ready to go yet... only about 3 weeks old and nickel sized that are a cross between an irridescent red turquoise and a snow fire but I have no idea what they will look like as adults because this is the 1st fry I've gotten from them. If you have something in particular that you are looking for I can tell you if I have it also and possibly move some into a more accessible tank before you came.

Mike

lkevin
03-15-2009, 12:03 AM
I second the notion that if you want to find really high quality stuff, sponsors are the way to go. Unless you are lucky enough to live close to one, you might wanna start considering ordering them. It can be a little intimidating, but most good breeders are experts at getting fish to you in good condition.