PDA

View Full Version : Prazipro or Praziquantel Powder

diamond_discus
02-06-2009, 12:00 PM
Which one would you use for de-worming ?

seanyuki
02-06-2009, 12:15 PM
I think Prazipro (Hikari in liquid form) more expensive but easy to use....Praziquantel powder mush cheaper but need to dissolve it in alcohol first b4 adding it to the tank.Just my 2 cents.

Flukes, Parasites, Lice & Anchor Worms

‘Prazi’ is extremely effective for the treatment of external flukes, liver flukes, internal parasites and internal worms in Koi, goldfish and tropical fish.

‘Prazi’ is a one time treatment and because it is so gentle, it does NOT require any water changes after treatment and you do NOT need to bypass your biofilter or U.V. Light. Prazi also will work with any amount of salt in the pond and it is not water temperature dependant.

Available in 10 gram jars (Treats 1,000 gallons),
& 50 gram jars (Treats 5,000 gallons).

Cheers
Francis:)

Eddie
02-06-2009, 12:17 PM
It's a totally different worm.

Prazi is specific for tapeworm only, not too common.

Levimasole, piperazine, fenbendizole and a few others are for other internal worms

Eddie

diamond_discus
02-06-2009, 01:11 PM
It's a totally different worm.

Prazi is specific for tapeworm only, not too common.

Levimasole, piperazine, fenbendizole and a few others are for other internal worms

Eddie

I did a search on petsmart website and didn't find anything for Levimasole, piperazine or fenbendizole. Where do you buy these stuff ? or simply use the dog deworm stuff you told me ealier ?

Eddie
02-06-2009, 01:22 PM
I did a search on petsmart website and didn't find anything for Levimasole, piperazine or fenbendizole. Where do you buy these stuff ? or simply use the dog deworm stuff you told me ealier ?

Yes, the dog dewormer.

fenbendazole is in some foods, Angel Plus sells some flake with it.

There are a couple of posts on where to find levimasole in this section. If you search for it, you will find it.

Eddie

pcsb23
02-08-2009, 09:25 AM
Just a quick note here, fenbendazole is found in panacur puppy worming granules (usually @ 22%) use this medicine ONLY in food, never apply to the water itself.

scottthomas
02-08-2009, 12:12 PM
Rocky Mountain Discus sells piperazine but it is a little expensive. I have used it to deworm fish succesfully.

Scott

Discus_Dezign
02-09-2009, 04:21 AM
Hey Diamond Discus if you would like some levamisole I just purchased a bottle of powdered form. How many fish do you have, and what is the size of your tank that you are going to use to QT?