PDA

View Full Version : pinched stomach fish

diamond_discus
02-06-2009, 01:14 PM
I have one fish that seems to have a pinched stomach (not as flat or fat stomach like other healthy fish). This fish like to hide at the lower or upper corner of the tank. It will eat occasionally but not as aggressive as the others. Could this be another fish that has internal worm problem ?

Eddie
02-06-2009, 01:23 PM
I have one fish that seems to have a pinched stomach (not as flat or fat stomach like other healthy fish). This fish like to hide at the lower or upper corner of the tank. It will eat occasionally but not as aggressive as the others. Could this be another fish that has internal worm problem ?

;) Possible

Roxanne
02-06-2009, 05:17 PM
Hi DD..

Do you have epsom salt?

Rox

diamond_discus
02-06-2009, 10:12 PM
Hi DD..

Do you have epsom salt?

Rox

Yes, I do. I will try it. Thanks. What is the typical dose usage for epsom salt ? I use two tbsps for each 10 gallons

Eddie
02-06-2009, 11:29 PM
Yes, I do. I will try it. Thanks. What is the typical dose usage for epsom salt ? I use two tbsps for each 10 gallons

Thats good but Epsom salt should be used for bloat or constipation. Is your fish bloated?

Eddie

diamond_discus
02-07-2009, 04:01 AM
Thats good but Epsom salt should be used for bloat or constipation. Is your fish bloated?

Eddie

No, the fish is not bloated. It just lost the apetitie and won't eat much. I notice it let out string of white poop ... What kind of treatment should I use ?

Eddie
02-07-2009, 04:03 AM
Well, if it is white stringy poo as described under numerous threads pertaining to Spironculeus (Flagallates). You would be good to dose with metro. Everybody does it different. If you decide you want to dose with metro, let us know and we can help.

Eddie