PDA

View Full Version : New Discus

CFiggins
02-07-2009, 03:14 AM
So I have a 29 gallon tank that is about half planted (tall plants, vals to be specific) with 2 discus and 2 angels that are all relatively small. The largest discus I have is about 4 in and the angels' bodies are no more than 1 1/2 inches (not including fins). I just added a discus to make a third, but he is being picked on big time by the other discus which are only a little bigger than he is. Right now he is up in the corner of the tank hiding with his fins tucked in and his color is starting to fade. Is there a way to make peace in the tank or ease the stress? Would putting the new discus in a net breeder box (inside the tank) for a few days help the situation? Please help. These are all very nice fish and I would really love to keep them all.

Robby

rickztahone
02-07-2009, 03:41 AM
So I have a 29 gallon tank that is about half planted (tall plants, vals to be specific) with 2 discus and 2 angels that are all relatively small. The largest discus I have is about 4 in and the angels' bodies are no more than 1 1/2 inches (not including fins). I just added a discus to make a third, but he is being picked on big time by the other discus which are only a little bigger than he is. Right now he is up in the corner of the tank hiding with his fins tucked in and his color is starting to fade. Is there a way to make peace in the tank or ease the stress? Would putting the new discus in a net breeder box (inside the tank) for a few days help the situation? Please help. These are all very nice fish and I would really love to keep them all.

Robby

many would say that 3 is a really bad number for discus especially if you had those two together for a while. i would suggest getting at least a 55g and get at least 2 more discus, this will spread out the aggression. if you do not do something about it your latest addition will more than likely be picked on so badly he/she will die