PDA

View Full Version : How Our Government Works

terps
02-08-2009, 02:02 PM
White House Contractors

Three contractors were bidding to fix a broken fence at the White House in D.C.; one from Illinois, one from Tennessee and a third from Kentucky.
They all went with a White House official to examine the fence.

The Tennessee contractor took out a tape measure and did some measuring, then worked some figures with a pencil. 'Well', he said, 'I figure the job
will run about $900: $400 for materials, $400 for my crew and $100 profit for me.'

The Kentucky contractor also did some measuring and figuring, then said, 'I can do this job for $700: $300 for materials, $300 for my crew and $100
profit for me.'

The Illinois contractor didn't measure or figure, but leaned over to the White House official and whispered, '$2,700.'

The official, incredulously, whispered back, 'You didn't even measure like the other guys! How did you come up with such a high figure?'

The Illinois contractor replied, '$1000 for me, $1000 for you, and we hire that guy from Kentucky to fix the fence.'

'Done,' replied the government official.

And that, my friends, is how our government works!

Q: How many people work in the Federal Government?

A: About 20%. :D

scolley
02-08-2009, 02:37 PM
True story - I first heard that joke almost 15 years ago, in the back of a taxi cab in Dublin, as told by the driver, to explain to me how business works in Dublin (he removed the government references, with the winning bid from the native Dubliner). 'Twas funny then and is funny now. But I guess it's kind of universal.

Greg Richardson
02-08-2009, 07:08 PM
LOL! Got to laugh to stop from crying cause even though it's funny there is to much truth in there.

Washington State has the Port of Seattle - Home of the no bid contract!

YSS
02-08-2009, 08:33 PM
It's funny when its only a $2,700 contract, but not funny when you add six more zeros to the amount just like what happened during the last administration.

Discus-Hans
02-09-2009, 12:07 AM
Or the 900 Billion they are working on to trow away now..........900 billion, split it up between all people with out a job and none of them never, ever has to work again, problem solved??????? or is that to easy ?????

Hans

Greg Richardson
02-09-2009, 12:57 AM
Hans. Common sense not allowed in our government.

I'd split the 900 billion up among the working people with training offered to the unemployed. We on the same page.

Except our government thinks differently.........
Pay back past political favors and gain future ones all the while promoting different agenda's due to where their wallet connects.

What people don't get is this 900 billion is on top of the last 750 billion and wait till you hear about more bank bailout money coming.

It use to be in this country your business failed you either reorganize under bankruptcy law or you liquidate. No more for a lot of them.

Now we have not only started down the slippery slope we are going full steam ahead with entitlement factor that is friends to all generations.

Follow the money on these bailouts and you'll know why they aren't being allowed to fail.

My apologies Terp for continuing this thread far from your joke.

Don't know if you wanted to discus it or just a joke to make people laugh.
If it was just to laugh I'm sorry.

Discus-Hans
02-09-2009, 01:09 AM
I think Terp doesn't mind lol think me mend to start something with this......joke/true story lol

I think we can also stop paying our taxes now, seems to be normal for the group they planned "to clean out Washington" :D :D :D

Glad I can have dual citizenship, at least I've a choice :angel:

Hans