PDA

View Full Version : Question

zamboniMan
02-10-2009, 11:46 PM
I obtained a bunch of new discus this past week (not my first but im posting here anyway). I got 5 new discus in (3 unknown origin, 2 stendker discus). Both of the stendker discus were acquired last. Any way one is about the same size as the first 3 (about 3 inches). The second stendker discus is about 2 inches and hides behind one of the hang on filters. Any idea why it won't come out but all the other will?

Eddie
02-10-2009, 11:51 PM
It's probably just scared $4itless, give him some time to settle. You said it's only been a week. It can sometimes take several weeks for discus to settle, even months. I wouldn't stress too much since the fish is already stressing enough for both of you.

Are they eating?

Eddie

thebigone
02-11-2009, 12:09 AM
I agree with Eddie here. Make sure that the fish is eating and as it grows and gets use to its surroundings you should see the fish come out more IMO. Hope this helps.

zamboniMan
02-11-2009, 09:33 AM
Every one is eating really well. (Flake food, frozen brine shrimp, shrimp pellets, home made beefheart, etc...)

Guess I just have to wait and see what happens :)

Eddie
02-11-2009, 09:38 AM
Every one is eating really well. (Flake food, frozen brine shrimp, shrimp pellets, home made beefheart, etc...)

Guess I just have to wait and see what happens :)

Well there you go, everybody is getting cumfy.

Best of luck

;)

zamboniMan
02-11-2009, 09:36 PM
Okay well I came home from work to a dead little discus. The others in the tank were fine and seem to not be suffering any side effects. Any thoughts?

Nitrate= 0
Ammonia = 0
Chlorine/Chloramine = 0
ph = 7.0
temp = 87.0 degrees Fahrenheit

Eddie
02-11-2009, 09:46 PM
:confused: Not sure, that was quick though, you said they were all eating and fine yesterday.

Eddie

Scribbles
02-11-2009, 10:38 PM
Sorry about the little guy. Are you sure that he was getting his fair share of food and that the bigger guys weren't bullying him away from it? Maybe he was just too stressed with the recent move and being the littlest in the group. Good luck with the rest of them.

zamboniMan
02-12-2009, 08:48 AM
it didnt look like the bigger fish were pushing him around but it is possible. not sure what happened but everyone else looks good.