PDA

View Full Version : video of Jan Kenny shipment

rickztahone
02-12-2009, 04:07 AM
Eddie gave me the idea of recording a video of my discus eating. i gave them ON discus formula frozen food in the first video and the second is of my 125 and 55. the 125 contains a few culls but they were my first discus prior to SD and i like them :D. once the 6 discus from Kenny are ready for the 125 the culls will be moved to the 55. hope the quality isn't all that bad. here goes:

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b284/rickztahone/discus%20tanks/th_Picture009.jpg (http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b284/rickztahone/discus%20tanks/?action=view&current=Picture009.flv)
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b284/rickztahone/discus%20tanks/th_Picture003.jpg (http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b284/rickztahone/discus%20tanks/?action=view&current=Picture003.flv)

SriAngel
02-12-2009, 04:36 AM
Good Job Rick,

I just love hand feeding my fish, sort of theraputic at times. Kenny sent you some great fish, i remember the days i used to have him up all night picking out my fish and taking pictures of them for me lol!

FLGirl1977
02-12-2009, 07:03 AM
Nice. :) What type is the big guy?

Eddie
02-12-2009, 09:02 AM
Hey Ricardo, I have to check out the vid from the house. The PC at work doesn't allow watching of any media. I am anxious to see the group. :)

Eddie

William Palumbo
02-12-2009, 09:07 AM
Cool video Ricardo...I like the big one. Is that one of the domesticated Browns?...Bill

rickztahone
02-12-2009, 01:30 PM
Nice. :) What type is the big guy?

Cool video Ricardo...I like the big one. Is that one of the domesticated Browns?...Bill

he/she is the domestic brown and my biggest eater. it is one of my favorites actually because although the strain looks somewhat simple the color really comes out around the dorsal and face area. thank you very much for the comments and Eddie, i hate that i can't see vid's from work either. it's kind of ironic actually because yesterday i couldn't see your vid because i was at work, lol. only about a month to go till they go in the display tank, yay

Eddie
02-12-2009, 07:06 PM
Hey Ricardo, great video! The brown is a big dog, he has grown alot already. Maybe gonna be one those 8" SL discus. :)

I like the heros you have in the big tank too. Both set-up are very nice. Keep up with the great work!

Eddie

Yassmeena
02-13-2009, 07:18 PM
Good Job Rick,

I just love hand feeding my fish, sort of theraputic at times. Kenny sent you some great fish, i remember the days i used to have him up all night picking out my fish and taking pictures of them for me lol!

Awww.. Kenny is so great like that!

Your post makes me miss buying fish - but alas my tank is fully stocked right now! :p

Discus-n00b
02-13-2009, 09:27 PM
Love those wild crosses from Kenny, got a couple myself. Your fish look good.

rickztahone
02-14-2009, 01:00 AM
Awww.. Kenny is so great like that!

Your post makes me miss buying fish - but alas my tank is fully stocked right now! :p

Kenny is great

Love those wild crosses from Kenny, got a couple myself. Your fish look good.

i really do like that cross. thank you very much for the compliment

Richy44
02-14-2009, 01:45 AM
Great videos. I have 1 question for you. How do you keep the silicone so clean in your tanks. My tanks are spotless too but I have a hard time keeping the silicone clean. Any advice..

I have a thing for spotless tanks... Awesome tanks and fish. you should be proud!

Rick...

rickztahone
02-14-2009, 03:10 AM
Great videos. I have 1 question for you. How do you keep the silicone so clean in your tanks. My tanks are spotless too but I have a hard time keeping the silicone clean. Any advice..

I have a thing for spotless tanks... Awesome tanks and fish. you should be proud!

Rick...

thanks Rick, it's not that hard to keep a BB tank clean because you can really scrub them down during a WC. the 125 is a little more difficult to keep clean but it also being a BB helps a lot. i really don't do anything in particular other than wiping down the glass and siphoning the feces everyday during a WC. the BNP in the 125 help alot with glass cleaning and maybe the silicone as well? what does the dirty silicone look like? what color? can it be wiped off easily or do you have to scrub?

Richy44
02-14-2009, 11:14 AM
can it be wiped off easily or do you have to scrub?

It has to be scrubbed. I am leery of scrubbing to hard possibly voiding the seal over time. It got away from me a while back as the 90's are deep and it is difficult for my short arms to reach the bottom. I have used different scrubbers and pads with little success on the silicone. The reason for my inquiry.

Cheers and again..keep up the great work..

Rick..

rickztahone
02-14-2009, 04:07 PM
It has to be scrubbed. I am leery of scrubbing to hard possibly voiding the seal over time. It got away from me a while back as the 90's are deep and it is difficult for my short arms to reach the bottom. I have used different scrubbers and pads with little success on the silicone. The reason for my inquiry.

Cheers and again..keep up the great work..

Rick..

i am hesitant about scrubs or a mag float on the glass itself. i have a mag float which i used on my front glass and it made some small scratches into large ones that i was really upset about. i have never had the silicone problem but i do not have any plants, do you? i hear you about the deep tanks, i like to wipe down the bottom of my 55 but on my 125 i can't reach the bottom which gets me angry, lol. get some BNP and hopefully they can handle the dirty silicone