PDA

View Full Version : Get rid of old postings

mench
02-16-2009, 11:06 AM
At the end of the New Posts I have a message saying that the following posts have unread posts.How can I get rid of them without having to read all of them..... I have over 20 pages of them.

Thanks
Mench

Ryan
02-16-2009, 11:35 AM
Ron, you're clicking the "New Posts" link at the top and seeing this? Mine just shows new posts, but there isn't a section like you describe.

Maybe it's showing you all the threads you've subscribed to?

William Palumbo
02-16-2009, 11:44 AM
I get the same thing when I hit the new post button on top. It says: The threads below have not been updated since your last visit but still contain unread posts.

pcsb23
02-16-2009, 12:21 PM
One way is to use the "Mark Forums Read" option this will mark ALL un-read posts as having been read and then any future new ones will show on their own. (pic 1 below)

This option is found at the bottom of the forum main page and there is also a similar "Mark this forum read" option in each forum available from the forum which marks unread posts in that forum as read (pic 2 below)

mench
02-16-2009, 12:28 PM
yea Bill,thats the same message that I get...I know about the Mark Read thing,buts thats for new threads,I need to know how to delete the 20 pages that I already have,without reading them all
Thanks
Mench

pcsb23
02-16-2009, 12:36 PM
yea Bill,thats the same message that I get...I know about the Mark Read thing,buts thats for new threads,I need to know how to delete the 20 pages that I already have,without reading them all
Thanks
MenchMench, using the Mark forums read option (either) will do just that.

kaceyo
02-16-2009, 03:54 PM
I do the same thing Paul just described. At the end of each Simply session, before leaving, I go to the main forums page and click on "Mark all posts as read". That way any "unread" posts are placed in the "read" catagory and won't show up when using the "New Posts" link next time you visit.

Kacey