PDA

View Full Version : Cobalts?

tacks
02-17-2009, 05:18 PM
Hi Iam looking to buy some adiult Cobalts, the ones I have see are straited or it looks like a stripe running through them. I always thought that Cobalts were a fairly solid blue. Which is correct? thanks Ed

CARY_GLdiscus
02-17-2009, 08:29 PM
Ed,
Colbalts start out with striations when Young as the muture they will fog over and go solid.
However they will allways carry mood bars.

hth
cary Gld!

Discus-Hans
02-19-2009, 12:38 AM
And Cobalt is the color of the Discus, doesn't mean all turn out solid,

Hans

CARY_GLdiscus
02-19-2009, 02:19 PM
Very true Hans,
Over 80% of small discus sold IMO do not turn out to be what they were sold as.
The fact is 95% of all discus IMO do not breed true. So If your looking for that perfect discus try if you can to buy it at a bigger size. I would also talk with the breeder he or she should know the line they are breeding/selling and be able to help you out. I would also try and stick with one of our sponcers

hth
Cary Gld!

CliffsDiscus
02-19-2009, 06:02 PM
Hi Iam looking to buy some adiult Cobalts, the ones I have see are straited or it looks like a stripe running through them. I always thought that Cobalts were a fairly solid blue. Which is correct? thanks Ed

Ed,
Both are correct Striated and Solid, originally Cobalts were refer to Striated Discus such
as the Wall's Cobalts and Bings Cobalt(Discusworld.com) . Currently the name colbalt usually refer to a more solid blue Discus. Make sure when you are buying to ask the seller if the adults will be more
of a solid or striated as there are still people calling cobalts when they are ready striated
red turquoise.

Cliff