PDA

View Full Version : bugs on eggs

G550
02-17-2009, 07:57 PM
pb laid eggs again around 300+ and about 40% are fungused but they should start to wiggle any hour now after 2 days. Yes they should be fertile. I noticed some very small lice like bugs around them when I shine a light on the eggs. The tank was bleached prior to putting eggs in 2 1/2 gallon tank with acrflavin. by the way how much acrflavin should i be using and ive heard that light doesnt help the fungus guard any comments and how do i get rid of these bugs, are they what is causing my eggs to not make it past free swim:confused:

G550
02-19-2009, 10:29 AM
anyone

Chad Hughes
02-19-2009, 11:19 AM
Sorry that you haven't gotten any replies. I have no idea what kind of bugs you might have. In my experience, most folks use methylene blue as a fungicide for eggs, although I have never had to use it. I iwsh I had a solution for you. You may want to try the methylene blue. Best wishes!

mmorris
02-19-2009, 01:58 PM
pb laid eggs again around 300+ and about 40% are fungused but they should start to wiggle any hour now after 2 days. Yes they should be fertile. I noticed some very small lice like bugs around them when I shine a light on the eggs. The tank was bleached prior to putting eggs in 2 1/2 gallon tank with acrflavin. by the way how much acrflavin should i be using and ive heard that light doesnt help the fungus guard any comments and how do i get rid of these bugs, are they what is causing my eggs to not make it past free swim:confused:

I don't know what the bugs are, sorry. I'm confused about the 2 1/2 gal. tank. Are you removing the eggs to the tank and planning on rearing artificially? And then when they hatch, the fry don't survive to come off the cone?

G550
02-19-2009, 05:06 PM
trying artificial again parents suck:angel:

Chad Hughes
02-19-2009, 05:13 PM
I've had that problem in the past. How old/new are your pair? I have two pair that took about a dozen spawns to get it right. Finally they are pretty good parents. Just curious what your situation was with yours. Still have no idea about the bugs though. Sorry!

mikesmac
02-19-2009, 09:31 PM
Hi,

The bugs may be water fleas. I've seen them be introduced to the aquarium with plants, shrimp, fish etc. I don't think they are normally harmful...to fish...eggs are probably a different story once you have some that aren't viable. Small fish will go after them as food but if you have gravel...or especially sand they will probably multiply faster than they will get eaten.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_flea

Mike

moik
02-19-2009, 10:27 PM
The bugs sound like copepods...

doc3toes
03-01-2009, 11:50 AM
wipe the tank down every day. is there any wood or plants? make sure the sponge is clean.

MostlyDiscus
03-01-2009, 11:55 AM
Sometimes if you look real closely you see tiny little tails. The eggs are just hatching and this would be the time the parents pull them out of thier shells. Maybe....