PDA

View Full Version : Quick question

MikeF
02-21-2009, 09:22 AM
I need to use metro in one of my tanks. Does it matter if I have sand as a substrate? I thought that I read somewhere that the metro will not work if you have sand in the bottom of the tank. I know that this is a stupid question, but I do not want to waste the metro.

Eddie
02-21-2009, 11:28 AM
I need to use metro in one of my tanks. Does it matter if I have sand as a substrate? I thought that I read somewhere that the metro will not work if you have sand in the bottom of the tank. I know that this is a stupid question, but I do not want to waste the metro.

Probably best to treat in a BB tank but I am sure it can still be effective in a substrate tank. You could always get a small 10 gallon super cheap and it will be easy to maintain a higher temp.

Eddie

bs6749
02-21-2009, 12:33 PM
I used Metro in my 100g community tank with pool filter sand this summer and it worked great. Make sure the Metro is dissolved before you put it into the tank. To do this you should get a small container of hot water and place the metro powder or tablets into the hot water and stir until disolved. Then pour the water into the tank. I actually think the metro would work BETTER given that if you dose a 10g tank with 2" of sand for example there would be less water volume and therefore the concentration of metro would be higher. That's an interesting theory huh?