PDA

View Full Version : Beef! Pork or Chicken?

Ceahorse
02-24-2009, 01:42 AM
Evenone talks about feeding discus, beef/ beef hearts. My LFS, mindyou there's a langauge barrier, told me to feed them hamburgers.

However, what about pork, and chicken. The hearts of these to animals are very cheap here, and much more available then beef. I know its not good for humans to eat them raw, but what about discus.?

Ceaz

Eddie
02-24-2009, 05:36 AM
Evenone talks about feeding discus, beef/ beef hearts. My LFS, mindyou there's a langauge barrier, told me to feed them hamburgers.

However, what about pork, and chicken. The hearts of these to animals are very cheap here, and much more available then beef. I know its not good for humans to eat them raw, but what about discus.?

Ceaz

They can eat raw pork and chicken hearts. I have used them before, just make sure you de-vein them. Since they are smaller it's a little harder.

Don't use hamburger IMO.

Eddie

YSS
02-24-2009, 09:32 AM
I remember reading that Discus Hans puts lean ground beef in his discus food. So, I am sure it's ok to feed discus ground beef.

Ceahorse
02-24-2009, 09:34 AM
i believe the problem lays in the clean up. for fat will be rejected and spit back out. So a long as it super lean i think it A OK.

Am i right. or is the fat/veins actually poisionous to them. other then colesteral levels.

Eddie
02-24-2009, 09:35 AM
I remember reading that Discus Hans puts lean ground beef in his discus food. So, I am sure it's ok to feed discus ground beef.

I don't think so, I know Hans puts it in the mix for the BNs plecos. I'd have say you might want to confirm with Hans first on whether or not he feeds it to his discus.

Nope, I am wrong...Hans does use ground beef in his mix for discus.

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?t=24193&page=6

Eddie