PDA

View Full Version : www.manzanita.com

Eddie
02-25-2009, 10:07 PM
I wanted to get some manzanita wood for a few of my tanks after seeing all the great set-ups of other members on the site, like Renee's tank. Anyways, I sent an email yesterday, right about closing time over there in the states, about what I wanted and today my stuff IS IN THE MAIL! UNREAL! Got a tracking number and insurance on the box.

The costumer service there at manzanita.com is top of the line! Sent pictures of what I wanted and by the end of the day it's in the mail. It was shipped priority mail so should have it in about 7 days since I am Okinawa.

When I get the box, I will post pictures of the wood and the set-up. If anybody is looking for manzanita wood, manzanita.com is the way to go!

Eddie

rickztahone
02-25-2009, 10:18 PM
will do, the only thing that made me hesitant about buying was people who have had it for a long time and they say it blackens and grows white stuff. its not that expensive though so i might give it a go

FLGirl1977
02-25-2009, 10:21 PM
That's great news Eddie! Glad you were happy with them as much as I was. :) Can't wait to see some pictures of your tanks once you get it in there. Hint: I soaked mine for a week and they still leached out tannins, but now I barely have any problems at all... about 2 weeks should do the trick. ;)

Trevor W
02-25-2009, 10:59 PM
Thats awesome Eddie, I'm sure you will be super happy with the manzanita I recently (about 2.5 weeks ago) recieved a shipment from the canadian dealer of manzanita.com and I must say that I was blown away it was everything I expected and more, got some great pieces with lots of crazy twists and burls. I'm currently soaking about half of the shipment in a large rubbermaid tote, and I have been since the day I got it the best thing I found to do was use the hottest water you can get from your tap and the tannins will start to leache out really fast IME anyways. I just dump the water out of the tote after a couple days and re-fill it. And as far as the white fuzz that grows on the wood after time,...you will find that all hardwoods like manzanita will grow this fuzz but not to worry it is naturally released from the wood and its totally harmless infact if you have a pleco in your tank they will love eating it, almost like a rare treat for them. if not it should naturally breakdown after a couple days or you can always take it out and scrub it... you should post some pics when it comes in.... Take care Eddie,
-Trevor

Chad Hughes
02-25-2009, 11:06 PM
Eddie,

You should have told me that you wanted some of this stuff! I can throw a rock at this place from where I live. Could have sent it MPS for free!!!!

Well, maybe your way is a bit faster... LOL!

Hope you enjoy! I may check themout myself.

Later!

Eddie
02-25-2009, 11:36 PM
Yup, pretty excited! I'm going to put all the wood in the tub and boil tons of pots of water and fill the tub. I think I won't mind too much of the tannins leaking out in the heckel tank but don't want to much in the others. If anything I'll just run my old 350s with carbon cartridges for a while. I do 100% WCs everyday anyways so that should control the leaching...:D

Will post pics when I get everything.

And Chad, that would been great to MPS it but as you said....would have taken like 2 months. LOL

Eddie

atorres
02-26-2009, 08:14 AM
Hi Eddie
I too placed an order yesterday with Rich of Manzanita Burlworks, great guy.
Angel

Eddie
02-26-2009, 08:30 AM
Thats great Angel! Can't wait to get mine.

Eddi

cmich
02-26-2009, 02:59 PM
I'm thinking of jumping on the bandwagon with everyone else. I may place an order really soon.

Blake

KDodds
02-26-2009, 04:38 PM
Check your local PetCo guys, many have X-Large pieces (ZooMed brand) on sale for $12 each. Only reasons I passed were a) it's manzanita and b) I'd already ordered WYSIWYG from aquariumplants.com.

Eddie
02-26-2009, 07:24 PM
I'm thinking of jumping on the bandwagon with everyone else. I may place an order really soon.

Blake

Cheap too Blake for the amount of wood you get. I have 4 tanks that I will be putting the wood in and it's 25 dollars for a box of wood, can't beat that with a bat.

Quick shipping and they will work with you on the style of wood you want. I sent pictures of exactly what I wanted and they said it was taken care of.

Good luck
Eddie

April
02-28-2009, 11:41 AM
i resell manzanita wood from the same place but through the canadian distributor. Brite Cubes .flies off the shelves. the white stuff is harmless. it does darken..but doesnt all driftwood? its a hard wood and it lasts longer than most woods. and very interesting shapes etc.
heres a few of the pieces i have at the shop.

Eddie
02-28-2009, 07:01 PM
Wow, love that stump in the first picture April, I'd buy that anyday. Can you ship to US addresses?

April
02-28-2009, 11:28 PM
well..mine comes from usa...itd be like returning it . lol. that one big one is sold. i had people fighting over it.

Eddie
02-28-2009, 11:55 PM
well..mine comes from usa...itd be like returning it . lol. that one big one is sold. i had people fighting over it.

Yeah April, but that piece is surely one of a kind.

Eddie