PDA

View Full Version : My Yellows

Ibanez540r
02-26-2009, 06:56 PM
Here ya go Eddie. Pics are blurry and sh&%*, they won't stand still, going crazy thinking I'm bringing them some of your mix down... actually have to go do that now ;)

Eddie
02-26-2009, 07:03 PM
Glad they love the mix, they should grow quickly.

They look gorgeous! I haven't seen too many yellows out. Yours are super nice. Keep us updated.

Where did they originate from?

Thanks
Eddie

Ibanez540r
02-26-2009, 07:11 PM
Thank you. I'm actually in the process of ordering marigold powder to add to the mix to enhance the yellow. I want to get them a nice lemon yellow and keep from going orange.

They are originally from Jeffrey Yang (malaysia).

Yeah, I've had them only about 2 weeks and can already see some growth. Now hoping for some pairs to start forming :) I'll update some pics in a few weeks and see if we can't notice a size difference.

-Mike

Eddie
02-26-2009, 07:18 PM
Nice! From the pics, they look to have great shape and I'd love to see how the marigold powder affects them when added to the mix.

Yellows are very nice! You are very fortunate to have them beauty's

Take care,
Eddie

DiscusDude85
02-26-2009, 07:46 PM
Thank you. I'm actually in the process of ordering marigold powder to add to the mix to enhance the yellow. I want to get them a nice lemon yellow and keep from going orange.

They are originally from Jeffrey Yang (malaysia).

Yeah, I've had them only about 2 weeks and can already see some growth. Now hoping for some pairs to start forming :) I'll update some pics in a few weeks and see if we can't notice a size difference.

-Mike

Count me in for some babies if you get a few pairs!. Ive always wanted to suprise my wife with a yellow discus, She probably wouldnt even notice lol.

Joe

dpt8
02-26-2009, 08:00 PM
Good luck Mark.. You can be our guinea pig on how to grow out yellow discus :9) Enjoy !! They look beautiful.. David T

aquadiva
02-26-2009, 08:41 PM
Wow:smash: Nice looking Yellow Discus! :fish::fish:

Anna:sun:

Jim Curtis
02-27-2009, 12:11 AM
There must be something wrong with my monitor because they look orange to me. :confused: Guess im the only one.

Ibanez540r
02-27-2009, 01:38 AM
There must be something wrong with my monitor because they look orange to me. :confused: Guess im the only one.

Maybe a little of your monitor and color definition. They are definitely yellow, but on the yellow orange side of yellow if you know what I mean. The pics also went a little more orange then in person as well. I want to keep a nice true yellow and avoid an orange mix so I just recently ordered some Calendula powder to add to there food mix. We'll see how that goes after a few weeks.

Darren's Discus
02-27-2009, 01:59 AM
Thanks for sharing,very nice tank of fish,all the best with them.

cheers

tcup
08-24-2009, 07:53 AM
very nice discus. i am curiuos to know how their color is holding up. i am looking to get some albino yellows, but i already own some regular yellows that didnt hold the color very well (feeding the wrong foods).

3DDiscus
08-24-2009, 11:57 AM
Hello,

I am fairly new to the hobby and just got some Albino Pearl Diamonds from Kenny a few weeks ago. He shared with me not to feed the yellow with any of the flakes or shrimps, as they will make them orange. So I only feed them FBW, CBW, BH, or squid! So far, they have keeped their original coloring. Just sharing.

David

tcup
08-24-2009, 12:37 PM
tahnks david :) what is cbw?

rickztahone
08-24-2009, 12:49 PM
tahnks david :) what is cbw?

California Black Worms

David Rose
08-24-2009, 01:13 PM
Thanks for the info David. I just placed my order with Kenny as well for APDs.

Scribbles
08-24-2009, 01:15 PM
Beautiful color. They should be stunning adults. Keep us updated.

Chris

3DDiscus
08-24-2009, 02:54 PM
David,

Without saying, you'll absolutely enjoy the APDs. Their nearsightedness did cause an initial concern about finding and catching their food. Sometimes it is funny watching them miss and miss again, or not even seeing the food if it is not in front of them. But they are adapting well and simply do bull rushes when I drop in the food :D Enjoy!

David Tom

Thanks for the info David. I just placed my order with Kenny as well for APDs.