PDA

View Full Version : 2-3mm white spot from body?not white spot

grantbudd74
02-27-2009, 08:53 AM
HI all

My old Red Turq had it and I saw a fish in the LFS today which I will buy has it and so do a few other Discus in the same tank.

It's a 2-3mm long white tubular protrusion from the side of the body, yet I have seen this in various parts of the fish including the head and tail area. Looks like a pimple or a whitehead. My Red Turq used to get one or two of these and they would go away on there own with no ill effects to the fish in question.

Any ideas? NO new fish, no new plants, co2 8hrs, ferts flourish, ph 6.6-7.0, amonia 0 nitrate 5-10ppm nitrite 0 phos 0.1 iron 0. GH 90-120 KH 4-5 Water temp 27-30C depending on air temp.

Any ideas? I do not know about names of problems so Im sorry if this has been covered before,

Thx guys:)

Eddie
02-27-2009, 08:58 AM
Never had it but I would like to say, that I wouldn't pick up any new fish that had it. Just throwing that out there.

Eddie

grantbudd74
02-27-2009, 09:26 AM
one of my blues is showing a small spot coming up but is as happy a a pig in ****.

I threw in a bit of Melafix and they go.......The best way I could describe it is if you squeeze a blackhead and it starts to come out a little thats what it looks like its pure white thats all. Not like white spot that is more flush to the skin.

Im not going to buy this fish until its clear. Its about 5-6 months old in the shop so has been ok until now yet is pairing up and about to lay eggs so its not that bad for the fish I guess?