PDA

View Full Version : New Tank

cmich
03-06-2009, 04:36 AM
Looking to get a 90 Gallon Tank. I've looked all over, and it appears to me that glasscages is the best deal on a new tank. If anyone can show me where I could buy a cheaper one I would love to know. Thanks.

Blake

FLGirl1977
03-06-2009, 05:49 AM
Hey Blake, good luck on your future 90 gallon! It's LOTS of fun! :) Before you decide where to purchase though, you might want to (definitely) check out this thread: http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=220609

I just stumbled upon it a couple of days ago and thought... Hmmm.... this is good to know! ;) Good luck and be sure to post pictures of your new tank when you get it!

grandrapids9
03-06-2009, 08:02 AM
Hi Blake, I also live in Michigan in Grand Rapids, I do see a lot of 90 gal tanks and some larger in the Grand Rapids Craigslist, check there. I got a virtually new 90 gal a few months ago for only $60. Recently I saw a 250 gal glass, wow talk about heavy, I had a 180 glass before and those are killers to move.

Use "aquariums" and "fish tank" in the search box, that pulls them all up, you may also want to try Saginaw and Lansing Craigslist.

Dan

cmich
03-06-2009, 01:23 PM
Hi Blake, I also live in Michigan in Grand Rapids, I do see a lot of 90 gal tanks and some larger in the Grand Rapids Craigslist, check there. I got a virtually new 90 gal a few months ago for only $60. Recently I saw a 250 gal glass, wow talk about heavy, I had a 180 glass before and those are killers to move.

Use "aquariums" and "fish tank" in the search box, that pulls them all up, you may also want to try Saginaw and Lansing Craigslist.

Dan

Thanks Dan. I would say that i'm on craigslist as much as i'm on simplydiscus! I always have my eye out for a 90 gallon. I saw tons of great deals on 90 gallons over last summer, but at that point I didn't have the space. Now that I want one, it seems like no one is looking to get rid of one :(

Thanks for the advice though, i'll keep my eyes open.

Blake

cmich
03-06-2009, 01:34 PM
Hey Blake, good luck on your future 90 gallon! It's LOTS of fun! :) Before you decide where to purchase though, you might want to (definitely) check out this thread: http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=220609

I just stumbled upon it a couple of days ago and thought... Hmmm.... this is good to know! ;) Good luck and be sure to post pictures of your new tank when you get it!

Thanks Renee,

That is definately good information to know. I don't think that glasscages will be getting my business.

I'm very excited about the new tank, and have some fun ideas for it. I think that I will add some of the manzanita like you have in your tank. It will be so much fun to upgrade and have extra space to work with. I'm just wondering how long it will be before I want to upgrade again ;)

Blake

MickYoumans
03-06-2009, 02:45 PM
There are quite a few large tank on eBay in the Home and Garden section. I have a search saved for aquariums within 250 miles of my zip code. You can find some good deals there (less than half price) and since you will be driving to the persons house to pick it up locally, you don't have to worry about getting ripped off. I'm going this weekend to get a 135, 55, and 38 from a guy that is needing to make some room in his house. I'm getting these for about 1/3 the price of new. Good luck on your search! ;)

cmich
03-07-2009, 02:46 AM
There are quite a few large tank on eBay in the Home and Garden section. I have a search saved for aquariums within 250 miles of my zip code. You can find some good deals there (less than half price) and since you will be driving to the persons house to pick it up locally, you don't have to worry about getting ripped off. I'm going this weekend to get a 135, 55, and 38 from a guy that is needing to make some room in his house. I'm getting these for about 1/3 the price of new. Good luck on your search! ;)

Thanks

traversediscus
03-07-2009, 08:58 AM
Craigslist seems the way to go. People are broke at the moment and their loos is everyone elses gain. I got a 55 gal acrylic tank and stand with 3 boxes of goodies for $120.