PDA

View Full Version : stress bars

BootDink
03-06-2009, 08:25 PM
im having trouble figuring these things out, BIG time. I have two red turqs that show these bars very bold and brightly almost24/7.They are absolutely gorgeous fish,eat, swim fine and re perfectly heatlthy but show there bars all day basically, except.If i were to change the water or go into the tank for any reason they hide and the bars go away? now correct me if im wrong but shouldnt that be when the bars are showing, when there mood changes? stress? etc. or can it just be the fish themselves that just happen to have more prodominant bars showing all the time?

thanks

Eddie
03-06-2009, 08:30 PM
im having trouble figuring these things out, BIG time. I have two red turqs that show these bars very bold and brightly almost24/7.They are absolutely gorgeous fish,eat, swim fine and re perfectly heatlthy but show there bars all day basically, except.If i were to change the water or go into the tank for any reason they hide and the bars go away? now correct me if im wrong but shouldnt that be when the bars are showing, when there mood changes? stress? etc. or can it just be the fish themselves that just happen to have more prodominant bars showing all the time?

thanks

Hey Boot, I see the so called (stress) bars as mood bars really. My fish express their bars at times and they are definitely not stressed. Maybe they are really happy! ;)

Eddie

BootDink
03-06-2009, 09:01 PM
Hey Boot, I see the so called (stress) bars as mood bars really. My fish express their bars at times and they are definitely not stressed. Maybe they are really happy! ;)

Eddie

ok because i was just getting mixed feelings about them from previous posts i searched for and just kind of got confused..to be honest with you they are ALOT more colorful when they have the stripes way brighter blue and red in them apose to being almost black when they dont have the stripes.

Eddie
03-06-2009, 09:37 PM
ok because i was just getting mixed feelings about them from previous posts i searched for and just kind of got confused..to be honest with you they are ALOT more colorful when they have the stripes way brighter blue and red in them apose to being almost black when they dont have the stripes.

Don't get me wrong BD, the bars to appear if the fish is stressed. I'd also keep an eye on them for any other issues. Alot of times, the simple presence of another fish will make them express their bars. Kind of a defense mechanism.

Best of luck
Eddie