PDA

View Full Version : Shedding?

JFlo
03-09-2009, 01:04 PM
I just did my daily water change of 75%. As usual, my discus turned kinda dark and hid for the most part. However, after the water change two of the discus stared swimming slowly near the top of the tank and one of them appears to be shedding. They dont look good. Anyone know what is going on? What I can do?

I tested the water and all the numbers are fine. Ammonia and Nitrite is 0. Nitrate is 5ppm. PH is at 7. Temperature is 88 degrees f. Any help is appreciated.

waterfaller1
03-09-2009, 03:13 PM
Perhaps your water company added something different to the water over the weekend? What are you using to dechlorinate the water, and what kind of test kits? "Shedding" sounds like a burn from chlorine, chloramines, or ammonia. Do you aerate the water before your water change?

Eddie
03-09-2009, 07:13 PM
I just did my daily water change of 75%. As usual, my discus turned kinda dark and hid for the most part. However, after the water change two of the discus stared swimming slowly near the top of the tank and one of them appears to be shedding. They dont look good. Anyone know what is going on? What I can do?

I tested the water and all the numbers are fine. Ammonia and Nitrite is 0. Nitrate is 5ppm. PH is at 7. Temperature is 88 degrees f. Any help is appreciated.

J, did you check the water straight out the tap and of the tank too?

Are you using a water condition?

JFlo
03-09-2009, 07:50 PM
Yea ... sorry I accidently posted this here before I posted it in the water forum. I thought it might be more appropriate there. I posted a lot of info over there if you would like to see it :D