PDA

View Full Version : Whatttt??? Fish in a Phone?

Greg Richardson
03-10-2009, 12:42 AM
Apple should stop selling to this 3rd party. Not sure how long ago this happened. Saw the link at an online fish store.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/technology/the-ipod-speaker-with-builtin-tuna/2007/12/15/1197568324984.html

http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2007/12/15/ipond_wideweb__470x310,0.jpg

Darren's Discus
03-10-2009, 01:24 AM
Greg,
check this out !http://xorsyst.com/news/chinese-live-fish-necklaces/ I tried wearing one of my discus tanks around my neck but it killed my back !:D:D

cheers

Greg Richardson
03-10-2009, 02:13 AM
From that link.................

In Chengdu city, teens are snatching up plastic pendants that houses small fish inside. These necklaces are sold for less than fifty cents each. They contain enough fish food and solid oxygen for the fish to last up to 3 months. After the food has run out, you can easily unscrew the top and let the fish go into a larger body of water.

Not teaching the kids any responsibility at all. Almighty $$$$$$$$$$$$.
Greed knows no boundries.

majik
03-10-2009, 03:53 AM
Oh man dont get me started,it really troubles me that our young (who happen to be the next generation of carers of us in our latter years:() are taught no compassion,moral responsibility or just plain common sense.
I copped an ear bashing from friends last week because i sent my 11yr old daughter to bed with no dinner because her rabbits had spent the day with no food or water:mad: Now she knows first hand the implications of impropper care.Mean mum that i am:D

poconogal
03-10-2009, 05:34 AM
Oh man dont get me started,it really troubles me that our young (who happen to be the next generation of carers of us in our latter years:() are taught no compassion,moral responsibility or just plain common sense.
I copped an ear bashing from friends last week because i sent my 11yr old daughter to bed with no dinner because her rabbits had spent the day with no food or water:mad: Now she knows first hand the implications of impropper care.Mean mum that i am:D

Cheers for you majik, I totally agree with you.

poconogal
03-10-2009, 05:39 AM
These products totally disgust me, they are torturing live animals. Like Greg said, greed knows no boundaries.

majik
03-10-2009, 05:41 AM
Im glad some people have some sense in the world ,friends who gave me the ear bashing even had the cheek to say i was breaching my daughters rights:confused: un blimmen believable i could not believe my ears we have agreed to dis-agree i just hope their spoilt children are not my caregivers when im old.

majik
03-10-2009, 05:44 AM
These stupid products would not have a market if people were raised with any idea of basic humane care.

poconogal
03-10-2009, 05:51 AM
Im glad some people have some sense in the world ,friends who gave me the ear bashing even had the cheek to say i was breaching my daughters rights:confused: un blimmen believable i could not believe my ears we have agreed to dis-agree i just hope their spoilt children are not my caregivers when im old.

Yes, all living things have rights, so what about the rabbit's right not to be starved? Like you said, many are not taught about compassion and responsibility. I've seen it myself in one of my step-sons who thinks the world owes him something and only thinks of himself.

Greg Richardson
03-10-2009, 10:57 AM
because i sent my 11yr old daughter to bed with no dinner because her rabbits had spent the day with no food or water Now she knows first hand the implications of impropper care.Mean mum that i am

If parents taught their kids there are consequences to their actions like you have we'd all be so much better off.

Peachtree Discus
03-10-2009, 12:12 PM
i agree. i hate to see the betta in a cup for sale and the salesperson tells you "they like the small space". bull-huckey!!

....if people were raised with any idea of basic humane care.

....greed knows no boundaries.

greedy and inhumanity....wow...you hit on something there!!!

some parents start them off early.....i've seen toddlers at play. if a parent sees their child being harassed by another the parent will get angry and stop the child from harassing their child. but if THEIR child is harassing another child they will typically just sit and watch.