PDA

View Full Version : Discus with Blue eyes?

mikesmac
03-11-2009, 11:55 AM
Hello everyone,

I have searched the forum and internet looking to see if there is such a thing and the only reference I could find to a discus with blue eyes was a post where someone had used a medication and the eyes turned blue (temporarily) from it.

Has anyone ever known of any Discus that actually had blue eyes?

Mike

rickztahone
03-11-2009, 02:39 PM
i would imagine it wouldn't be desirable. so far i've seen, red (obviously), yellow, and black

poconogal
03-11-2009, 02:40 PM
Check this out for the Blue Eyed Purple Fuchsia Discus:

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?t=51742

rickztahone
03-11-2009, 02:41 PM
stand corrected, thanks Connie

poconogal
03-11-2009, 02:47 PM
Now I don't know if they ever really existed or if it was just a hoax, but I think they'd have been pretty great looking if they did. Haven't heard anything about them since, either, so I'm really really skeptical! :D

rickztahone
03-11-2009, 03:14 PM
it seems like that member is not very active on the forum

Rod
03-11-2009, 04:38 PM
snow white crosses sometimes have blueish eyes like the example above, but the ones i have seen the blue doesn't really stand out like a good red eye does, i doubt would be very popular.

Rod:)

mikesmac
03-11-2009, 08:16 PM
Hi Connie,

Thanks for the link... I don't know why that didn't come up when I searched the forum... must have been using wrong key words or something. I'd have thought that if it was possible someone would have developed a red discus with blue eyes... that would be different.

Mike

Tito
03-11-2009, 08:24 PM
Hum....

I wonder if anybody fell for that trick?

poconogal
03-11-2009, 08:35 PM
Hi Connie,

Thanks for the link... I don't know why that didn't come up when I searched the forum... must have been using wrong key words or something. I'd have thought that if it was possible someone would have developed a red discus with blue eyes... that would be different.

Mike
LOL, Mike, I remembered when the whole thing was going on, people wanted more pics, wanted to see the parents, etc. so I knew to look for purple discus. :D