PDA

View Full Version : Whats the difference?

JFlo
03-12-2009, 02:51 PM
I am looking for another discus or two to add to my tank ... since I am ordering Rummy Nose from sunrise I thought I would get them now. I was going to go with a Leopard Snake Skin but he said they are not ready for sale. Currently I have two red turqs and 8 snake skins ranging from 2.5 to 4". What is the diff between the Giant Egg Blue Diamond and the Blue Diamond Grade A? I did a search on the net and cant find anything and they look very much the same in the pictures. Any thoughts on if either of these would go well with what I have? Any other suggestions?

DiscusOnly
03-12-2009, 02:58 PM
I would direct that question toward sunrise since everyone has their own terms for discus strains.

JFlo
03-12-2009, 02:59 PM
OK thanks

rickztahone
03-12-2009, 03:16 PM
i can't find the website for sunrise, can you link it please? i want to see their site

JFlo
03-12-2009, 03:49 PM
http://www.sunrisetropicals.com/

I ended up going with two Red Diamonds and 50 Rummy Nose. I ended up talking to Tony on the phone. He is a very nice guy and am completely confident I will be enjoying my new fish tomorrow morning :D

poconogal
03-12-2009, 03:53 PM
Tony has Red Diamonds now? I didn't see them on his site, maybe I am going blind? LOL!!! What size are the one's you're getting?

rickztahone
03-12-2009, 03:54 PM
http://www.sunrisetropicals.com/

I ended up going with two Red Diamonds and 50 Rummy Nose. I ended up talking to Tony on the phone. He is a very nice guy and am completely confident I will be enjoying my new fish tomorrow morning :D

i might call him up today since he is closer than i thought. the red diamonds look nice, they look like leopards do they not? they have a whole lot of discus there, how did you narrow it down? btw, what is your real name?

JFlo
03-12-2009, 04:16 PM
My real name is Justin Flowers :D I really wanted something that would look like it "fits" with the red turqs and snake skins I already have. The Red Diamond is the same as the LSS except the spots are a bit larger. I think they will make a nice addition to my tank.

rickztahone
03-12-2009, 05:26 PM
My real name is Justin Flowers :D I really wanted something that would look like it "fits" with the red turqs and snake skins I already have. The Red Diamond is the same as the LSS except the spots are a bit larger. I think they will make a nice addition to my tank.

indeed

JFlo
03-12-2009, 05:56 PM
Let me know if you go over there. Seems like a very cool place. Too bad Im all the way over here in Ohio. My LFS is pretty nice and the staff seems to know what its doing .... but their discus make me cry. Their
show tank has two "adult" discus that are very peppered and about 3" at most.

JFlo
03-13-2009, 12:38 PM
I got the two red diamonds and the 50 rummy's today. They are absolutely gorgeous. I cant wait to get some pictures and put them on the site. The two diamonds are about 3" each (maybe a touch larger).

rickztahone
03-13-2009, 01:09 PM
I got the two red diamonds and the 50 rummy's today. They are absolutely gorgeous. I cant wait to get some pictures and put them on the site. The two diamonds are about 3" each (maybe a touch larger).

nice, cant wait for pics. how do the rummy nose look? lose any to shipping? im getting some rams in on Tuesday

JFlo
03-13-2009, 01:23 PM
They Rummy Nose couldnt look better. They crack me up. Swimming all over ... they remind me of the group of fish from Finding Nemo. The ones who turn into things. I cant be happier with the whole process. Are you getting the rams from Sunrise? I didnt know he had those lol. I prob would have got a couple.

sp33dy25
03-13-2009, 01:24 PM
the giant egg are the short body.

rickztahone
03-13-2009, 01:50 PM
They Rummy Nose couldnt look better. They crack me up. Swimming all over ... they remind me of the group of fish from Finding Nemo. The ones who turn into things. I cant be happier with the whole process. Are you getting the rams from Sunrise? I didnt know he had those lol. I prob would have got a couple.

i actually got them on a whim on aquabid because im a sucker for any longfin anything. i was in the market for rams and when i saw longfins i had to get them. he was selling 3 pairs but in the end he is going to send 4 pairs which was a good deal. ill see how the aggression is spread out in the 125, if its too much ill sell a couple pairs off. i really wanted 2 pairs of GBR's and 2 pairs of golden rams. i havent called sunrise in regards to the rummy nose though

JFlo
03-13-2009, 03:05 PM
Awesome on the GBR's. I have always loved them. I plan on getting two GBR's (male/female) and two Golden's (male/female). Other than those ... Im getting pretty close to done in this tank. Then I move on to my wife's tank :D