03-13-2009, 04:02 PM
Whats you best guess.
Water is good
Bare Bottom grow out tank
2 " fish
35 - 50 % WC a day tank is vacumed morning and night

Ph 7.6
86 degrees

This Fish is off by him self most of the time and not interested in food. Swims around but completly ignores food right in front of him.
Maybe breathing faster than normal but not sure.
Maybe a little darker in color and is a little bit nose up when
I haven't seen any poo from the fish.

Chad Hughes
03-13-2009, 04:17 PM
What's the background on the fish? Any others in the tank? How old is the tank? You know, the usual stuff. ;)

Esquire
03-13-2009, 04:29 PM
BB grow out tank
55 gal
25 other 2" juvee's

Chad Hughes
03-13-2009, 04:49 PM
With that many fish, you may have the beginning of flukes? I'm no disease expert, but I do know with juvies in dense populations, flukes can get out of control quick. I see that you mentioned the rapid breathing. Are both gills working? I'm sure someone will chime in to either confirm this or direct you otherwise.

Best wishes!

Esquire
03-13-2009, 05:27 PM
Yep both gills are working.

I'm leaning towards flukes because of the over crowding and lack of long white poo. I will probably start Prazi pro tonight unless someone else chimes in with different thoughts.
The fish is not emaciated at all & was eating fine yesterday.

Chad Hughes
03-13-2009, 05:41 PM
I agree. You are probably catching this early. Unless someone chimes in with some better info, I'd proceed as you suggested!

Best wishes

dishpanhands
03-13-2009, 05:41 PM
Just my thoughts.. Flukes most of the time make the fish rub on stuff. They will use one gill, or they will have a gill wide open. Some time the will be leaning to one side and hanging close to the top.. I have seen fish with bad flukes still eat.. To me it sounds like something inteneral..could be Hex, but I'm not sure..If its just one day I would watch him. he may have got to much food yesterday, or he is being picked on and stressed out.

Eddie
03-13-2009, 07:44 PM
Just my thoughts.. Flukes most of the time make the fish rub on stuff. They will use one gill, or they will have a gill wide open. Some time the will be leaning to one side and hanging close to the top.. I have seen fish with bad flukes still eat.. To me it sounds like something inteneral..could be Hex, but I'm not sure..If its just one day I would watch him. he may have got to much food yesterday, or he is being picked on and stressed out.

I agree with dish, if there is no evidence of rubbing,flashing, scratching or noticeable irritability, I would hold out on the treatment for flukes.

I have had fish not eat for 1 to 2 days and then start eating again. I normally do a real good cleaning of the tank, filters and do a big water change. Bump the heat up to 88-89F. If the fish does not respond to this, then I move him to a QT and hit with metro in the water.

Best of luck,

Eddie

ShinShin
03-14-2009, 12:34 AM
I am not guessing flukes here, either. Raising the heat is a good suggestion, but I'd go to 90F. If no improvement, I'd go with a metro treatment. If you have a QT tank, I'd move it there now. Rapid breathing is not always indicative of gill problems.

Mat