PDA

View Full Version : 80 litres planted tank

jadeicegreen
03-17-2009, 04:49 AM
Hey All!

I have been researching on discus husbandry for the last two months or so as I want to keep discus in my 80 litres planted tank.

I know that you need 10 gallons per adult discus, a minimum of 6 is highly recommended and that juveniles do not do well in a planted tank.

So my questions are, since 80 litres only allows for 2 discus, can I keep 2 adult discus if they are a confirmed pair? My tank is 60cm x 30cm x 45cm, is the height enough after 5cm of substrate is added?

Thanks all!

Don Trinko
03-17-2009, 07:26 AM
Yes you can but a 29g would be better. A pair of quality discus will probably be fairly large and fairly expensive. A larger tank with 5 or 6 smaller discus might actualy be cheaper. Don T.

jadeicegreen
03-17-2009, 11:58 AM
Yes you can but a 29g would be better. A pair of quality discus will probably be fairly large and fairly expensive. A larger tank with 5 or 6 smaller discus might actualy be cheaper. Don T.

Yeah I agree, but I got a limit on the size of tank I can place in my house. If there is no solution to this problem, I will wait it out and keep discus sometime in the future, I would rather give them the perfect home than let them suffer.

DiscusKeeper403
03-19-2009, 12:44 AM
Yeah I agree, but I got a limit on the size of tank I can place in my house. If there is no solution to this problem, I will wait it out and keep discus sometime in the future, I would rather give them the perfect home than let them suffer.

I would probably wait and see if you can get a 29 gallon.