PDA

View Full Version : HELP!

BootDink
03-17-2009, 07:18 PM
my canister filter has just stopped working on my tank and i only have a sponge filter to throw on, its the hydro(or whatever the name is) 5 that everyone seems to have..will this be sufficient enough to hold me over till tomoro? the is only the sponge filter running and i hope there is enough oxygen in the tank etc. i dont know what to do!!

BootDink
03-17-2009, 07:50 PM
ok i just took a bunch of ac110's apart that i had (broken) and managed to make one working unit out of the 3..Ahhh thank god..only bad thing about this is there is alot more current in the tank(80gal) now with the 110 then the discus are used to..and my local fish store just sold out of there canisters(of course) hopefully they wont mind the extra swimming for about a week

Eddie
03-17-2009, 09:16 PM
Did you take all the media out of the canister and put it in the AC110?

BootDink
03-18-2009, 04:00 PM
i took all of the bio media out and put into the 110, i only run bio and poly wool for clear water.thats actually why i had the filter off was to swap the old wool since its only good for a week or two for new stuff and bam, im pretty sure the pump stopped working..Also is it possible once the new bacteria is established on the spongfilter to completely stop using any other filters.. my water change schedule is 70% and 50 every other..ensuring nothing would be in the to mss things up

Eddie
03-18-2009, 08:19 PM
i took all of the bio media out and put into the 110, i only run bio and poly wool for clear water.thats actually why i had the filter off was to swap the old wool since its only good for a week or two for new stuff and bam, im pretty sure the pump stopped working..Also is it possible once the new bacteria is established on the spongfilter to completely stop using any other filters.. my water change schedule is 70% and 50 every other..ensuring nothing would be in the to mss things up

Great, you should be fine running the 110 and once the sponge filters have an established bacteria colony, you can drop the 110 and just use the sponges.

Eddie