PDA

View Full Version : Sterbai Cory out of stock evvverywhere

foundanewglory
03-18-2009, 07:21 PM
Hi,

Does anyone know a place where I can get some Sterbai corys? Live aquaria, thatpetplace, and petsolutions are always out of stock?...ehhh

Any suggestions?

KDodds
03-19-2009, 08:50 AM
Order them from your LFS?

LFSs will often NOT bring them in because they are so expensive, even when they are available, kind of like zebra Otocinclus.

dpt8
03-19-2009, 10:47 AM
How about CorysRus.com.. A great guy with great stock !! David T

foundanewglory
03-19-2009, 12:51 PM
Yep I tried coriesRus. they r also out of stock. My local fish store is petco and petsmart....Im not a huge fan of them.... meh. thanks for the advice

DaniDarvin
03-29-2009, 07:10 PM
They have them at aquabid.com. Good luck....

Danny

gotfish?
03-29-2009, 09:29 PM
theres this guy in my other forum that lives in CT, selling 6 adults that are also actually already breeding for 50 bucks.

here http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229680&highlight=sterbai

maybe you can talk him into shipping it to yah ;)

April
03-30-2009, 12:21 AM
why arre they so expensive? they sell for 6 bucks in vancouver....i sell them for 6 or 8 depending on size. i have no trouble getting them. but im in canada. : )

pinkertd
03-30-2009, 02:50 PM
I collected a very nice large group of sterbais that I've been growing out since last year for breeding. I had my first spawn on Friday while they were still in my 75G planted pleco tank. I've moved most them out into their own tank now and I managed to collect about 2 dozen eggs but only 5 are fertile and should hatch tomorrow. It's a start, I hope to have some for sale later this summer.:)

foundanewglory
03-30-2009, 07:41 PM
I saw some on ebay and I made a few bids but of course I was outbid at the very last second...I think it's rigged, because later on the same seller posted for 4 sterbai cory's and the same ads are on aquabid. SO it's prolly better I didn't deal with the seller.

foundanewglory
03-31-2009, 12:00 AM
theres this guy in my other forum that lives in CT, selling 6 adults that are also actually already breeding for 50 bucks.

here http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229680&highlight=sterbai

maybe you can talk him into shipping it to yah ;)

This could be a consideration but shipping from Conn. to Texas is quite far. :(

foundanewglory
03-31-2009, 09:43 AM
as the title states! they blocked SD at work....grrrrr it said the reason is online communities but I can get to other forums....Im using my phone to acess so its a pain on a 3 inch screen.

cyberhog05
04-01-2009, 12:26 AM
Bingo bango bongo!! Here ya go. I wouldnt hesitate for a second from these sellers.

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/auction.cgi?fwcatfishc&1238632210

pkumar
04-02-2009, 02:13 AM
I bought a school of 18 juveniles from "theamazonbasement". Have had them for approx 4 weeks. Eating everything that hits the bottom and growing. Great customer service.
- Prashanth

foundanewglory
04-03-2009, 08:22 AM
I bought a school of 18 juveniles from "theamazonbasement". Have had them for approx 4 weeks. Eating everything that hits the bottom and growing. Great customer service.
- Prashanth

aw I wished I knew this earlier, they are cheaper! I've had 3 die already and I think they forgot to add another...not really happy about my purchase at all. I was reluctant to mail order fish but my LFS didn't have cories, I even resorted to petsmart and petco. The one's frm DR. Fosters are prob stressed out since they just arrived there...then had to be shipped again. I might go with the amazonbasement....once I build my fund again lol.

foundanewglory
04-03-2009, 08:23 AM
Oh by the way how big were they when you first received them from amazonbasement?

pkumar
04-03-2009, 12:47 PM
They still had the yolk sac attached. I had them on BBS for like 3 weeks. I haven't lost a single fry........JK:D. They were about a ...1/4 in or so I think. Not tiny. I had a disaster with USPS - couldn't open the gate into my neighbourhood (on fri) left a note in my mail box on SAT to pick up the fish (PO closes at 2 pm on sat) I picked up the fish MON AM - they had been in the box for like .. i think i calculated >80 hours or so. There were like 6-7 DOA, luckily the shipper had packed in 8-9 extras (i cant remember). Ironically, the total number I've got now is 18! Anyway, give them a try when you can. Person I dealt with was Bev. - Prashanth